Posts by Malkom

This is why some of us don't KoS - we don't know who the good and bad guys are - so confusing here - easier to run away than let them shoot first.

Perhaps the bandits could all wear Red for Danger armbands - I'm sure they'll all do this once word gets around - they are kindly types :)

Guess there is probably already good factions also using red.

Yes, its a terrible sight, quite shocking and I run away to - like a horror movie.

TheRunningManZ - I once saw him chop someone up like that on one of his streams - but it seems the dude he killed was evil and TRMZ was so piss** off.

He might also have done it to ruin his gear - not sure.

Don't think I could ever do that myself - if so I'd have crossed to the dark side.

I found 2 dry bags on the beach after spawning - heaven - but then a new spawn killed me - at least I saw them - wonder who has them now.

A really great video that answered a lot of questions for me.

I was based in Olsha south forest and saw your camp on the roof - now know it was the Eagles Nest.

At night when pitch black I tried to sneak in from the south but saw a guy on the roof watching me so slipped away.

I didn't shoot because I didn't know if your were good or bad guys.

Now wish I'd visited during daylight and met you guys.

Wow - Eagles Nest - another piece in the jigsaw of Chernarus :)

Greetings Katrina and your friend,

Its possible to survive on just mushrooms from the woods as I spend most my time in the woods to.

There are 3 types of mushrooms and non are poisonous.

Not sure if you use an external map as they show where some apple trees are.

Most villages seem to have some fruit trees.

There are often other fruits such plums and pears along the side of roads.

About encounters - experienced survivors say use a microphone to say 'Hello' first - then less likely to get shot.

I never move with my gun out as some survivors think it looks aggressive so they Kill On Sight.

Just a thought, try to stay away from the spawn points on the coast as lots of desperate people come inland.

I'm usually up in Olsha, some friendly survivors up here - but sometimes lots of shooting as bandits can snipe from the hill.

Anyhow, best of luck, and stay safe.

Just to add this info, since the persistence fix I have not received any evidence or a lot of complaints about missing stashes, bases etc.

Thank you for the update.

I don't think persistance problems caused my 3 stashes to go missing - they were just found.

My primitive base has been here a couple of weeks now and it still looks exactly the same.

I'm a farmer to.

Took me days to find a shovel - thought they were meant to be common - was such a grind - then seeing first crop - was all worth it :)

These past few days I've been looking for nails - but only saw 3 shovels in outhouses and farms.

By the way, my tip, probably obvious to all, if you think you might die, empty all your inventory in a forest somewhere so you go back to it after respawn.

I've died twice - but still have original shovel - would hate to lose it.

Best of luck :)

Thank you FreeRanger for the update on Rolf, so guess many many survivors feel justice done there.

Imagine if I'd met him then I wouldn't have been neutral on this.

Before the world collapsed and I came to Chernarus - I used to play Eve Online.

Many Rolfs in there - ruthless heartless highly skilled bandits with bounties on them.

If we miners or so-called civilised folk saw them in the system then we ran or hid.

Sadly for many of us it was often the quiet nobodies who came silently that did us in.

Just wonder if any of them bandits from Eve Online came here - perhaps Rolf was there.

Don't think we have heard the last of him - so now be even more careful - he's like the Bogeyman in the night :(

Wow that was looking brutal - couldn't watch to end in case he got killed.

No idea what he did as I have little idea about the history of people and factions here.

Everything so complex here.

Perhaps we need prisons with rehabilition here. Guess day release might not work though.

I have some, maybe we can trade.

Btw, you can find them everywhere (I mean houses, garages, etc), but I guess maybe in industrial areas are more common.

Thank you for your offer and info - perhaps our paths will cross sometime.

Not sure if you take take time off from being a bandit :)

Guess I've just been unlucky not finding them - I need more nerve to spend time in the main industrial areas.

I did try to sneak into Svetloyarsk when pitch black but they had scout guarding area - could be a faction there.

Since arriving in Chernarus I've only managed to find two boxes of nails - one on a train near the coast and another in a garage.

Any hints to where I might find some?

One the other hand I've managed to find quite a few sharpening stones in farms near south Dubrovka.

I'd like to see the Sporter rifle back with those x30 mags.

Not exactly game-play but in wiki some indication of which items despawn quickly.

For example generators don't despawn. Yet it seems metal sheets left on ground do - unless mine keep getting taken.

I still hardly understand despawn mechanics.

I just found some despawn info here :- Loot and despawn persistence

Hello,

Yesterday I noticed my main buried stash was gone - I assumed it was found although it wasn't very easy for me to find.

I had another two much further away in forest and they are gone to.

I usually refresh them every day or two.

Just wondering if its a server issue or perhaps someone followed me as I was wandering about in the dark with a torch.

*** Sorry just found the the other two stashes - guess looters got lucky and its not the server :)

Just me getting lost in the forest again.

I haven't killed anyone in over 400 hours - died many times though.

Yesterday got shot and captured by Gio and his friend in red.

After a talk they were really nice - gave me food drink, an SKS plus ammo , and let me go back home.

Not sure who Kamil was but he got killed - hard to know who is who out there.

Hope to see you and friendlies at your Tavern :)

Not sure if we have to leave our weapons outside.