Posts by AfterDune

The Village is kinda empty as it is now, since many people are playing on stress tests or simply wander around alone offline. When 0.63 hits experimental, it'll be worse I fear.

Personally, I'd be fine if the server would run exp, as we could experience 0.63 on The Village server, with like-minded players. Even if there are regular wipes, so be it I guess.

Also, whoever has played 0.63, I hear it's hard to go back to clunky 0.62, as the devs predicted already.

On the other hand, 0.63 will not have everything yet. Tents, don't think I've seen them in an official stress tests, only offline using the editor or something.

But perhaps that's what it is then. We'd have to find a location that has plenty of walls. The Village would be about having a place to go to and hang out, share supplies, etc.

TL;DR, I'm fine with moving to exp :p

Around 99% of my deaths are KOS. The remaining 1% is because of 'proper' bandits; survivors pretending to be friendly, only to kill you a few minutes later. I don't mind the latter, but can't stand KOS.

I often run around carrying my gun in my hand. I do this because 1) I want to be prepared in case someone starts shooting at me and 2) I hate the weird sound it gives when you carry a gun on your back.

So I've been thinking, one of the reasons I get KOS'ed could potentially be _because_ I'm carrying my weapon? I can imagine someone is more inclined to fire at me when they think I'm a potential threat. On the other hand though, when it's on my back, it could make me an easier target, because taking out my gun takes some time (a little, but still).

What do you guys do?

(I know KOS can't be avoided entirely ;))

Hey everyone,

I'm new to The Village. Saw Rene's videos two days ago and commented on one of them. He replied back saying the village was still up and running (didn't know there was a separate server for it :)). Anyway, hopped on last night and today was able to find the village (thanks to whoever guided me there), hung out for a while, it was good.

It was great to see some friendly faces for a change! I'm happy and excited to be here :).

See you there!