Posts by Watershed

Hey all!

As requested a forum post where you can post and discuss the mods you would like to see on The Village server.

This way we as admins and mods can see what you want and nothing gets lost in Discord.

1 Simple rule: Be constructive.

Think about the mods you want to see, think if it would make sense to even have it on the server.

Remember, currently we are a vanilla server, and we would like to stay close to that.

So we're talking quality of life mods, mods that improve some of the tedious/broken things of the base game.

Hey all!

As requested a forum post where you can post the performance and server issues you people encounter.

This way we as admins and mods can see what is happening and nothing gets lost in Discord.

If you encounter a lot of lag for example, also give information like serverpop, are there bases around. Things you think might play a role in it.

Hey all!

As requested a forum post where you can post the loot/gear issues you people encounter.
    This way we as admins and mods can see what is happening and nothing gets lost in Discord.

For example: Don't go saying you cant find an M4 after just searching 1 military tent.

Recently the Panthers Guard received information from an anonymous source that the so called "Village" was actually a joint Croatian, Bosnian, and Kosovoian effort to undermine Serbian power in the region.

And if you would want to take an RP standpoint in this. You should check your facts, plus talk this "RP" over with the parties involved.
    Because you "anonymous source" is wrong ;)

The Village is a place for people to visit, trade, relax and meet new people.
    The Village and it's Guards are neutral in the (possible) conflicts between other factions.

Thinking about The Village server alone, there is quite a lot i'd like to see.

For the map itself:

• On this map maybe increase the player count to 80 max.
    • New and bigger map. (80-100 players)
    • Seasons (Just imagine playing in a hardcore winter with snow everywhere, growing crops? Good luck, better prepare)

As for gear:

• Guns should be easy to find, like really easy. But ammo should be very, very rare.
      • (Most of the ammo has been used up while survivors were fighting of the infected)
    • Same goes for canned food and drinks, it should be rare as well.
      • Making ammo and canned food/drinks a very valuable item to trade.
    • Clothing, backpacks, vests shouldn't be that hard to find.
      • (People might have been staying indoors when the infection started to spread, so that should be an easy thing to find.)
    • Gear locations; It's been mentioned before. Military gear should only be found in and around military locations, containers or heli crashes

Infected:

• More infected on the map, especially in the bigger cities.
      • (Big city = more people = more people who got infected)
    • More and tougher infected in military zones, making it a very dangerous place to visit and trying to loot up. But military infected should have a bigger chance of spawning ammo.
    • Headshot with a 9mm or above should be a kill with infected. (Don't shoot the helmet with military infected)
    • Hordes of infected roaming the map. Getting attracted to noise for example.
      • (Imagine getting in a firefight and a horde of 20/30 infected show up, fun times)

Base building:

Lots of stuff i'd like to see, but probably best to wait and see what the devs have planned.

• The obvious stuff; walls, hesco barriers, barbed wire, blocking/fortifying windows and doors.
    • A way to lock doors that takes more time/effort/tools to break in than just a lockpick or hitting/shooting the door.
    • Making walls etc should take some actual work, like a timer/animation in which you are actually building. And a decent amount of materials.
      • Nothing like; 2 logs builds a wall. Or 4 big stones makes a hesco barrier. Gathering materials should play a big role in this
      • And with building; as you're in an animation, have people watch your back. You should be able to step out of this animation and pick it up where you left.
    • No skyscrapers or other huge buildings. Limit the amount of walls/barriers you can place on top of each other. And maybe limit the amount of self made builds you can place close to each other.
    • Damage system should be logical;
      • Shooting a hesco barrier with a gun should not damage it, but shooting a wood wall should damage it.
      • Tools should be more effective against build bases.
    • Just a maybe here: The person who placed a wall/barrier or barricaded a window should be able to remove this at a faster rate than someone else (with the right tools)

Other stuff: (Some of these have been mentioned before)

• Pulse check, or at least something to check a players name
    • Repairing silencers with a weapon cleaning kit.
    • Burying barrels. (or crates you can craft yourself) (Saw some video about a sea crate?)
    • Longer battery life.
    • More focus on gardening, hunting and fishing.
      • As canned food/drinks should be a rare item, we'd have to go back to living of the lands.
    • Cooking/crafting recipes; combine vegetables with meat to make some kind of stew. Which gives more energy, increases health regeneration
    • A bit better indication of your characters health/energy levels. (Personally i liked the "Healthy/Energized/Hydrated" system in .62)
      • I'd like to see something similar to that. (For me it seems a bit strange that you wouldn't know if you've had enough to drink or eat, or that you could go for another soda or steak)
      • Same goes for health; you would know if you're not feeling that great, maybe a bit sick. Or if you're feeling in great shape
    • Actual working vehicles, not only cars and trucks. Also bicycles and dirt bikes.
      • We'll be needing those cars and trucks to haul in all the materials we need for base building

I hope quite a lot of this stuff will become vanilla in time, as there are some different opinions regarding modding the server or not.

Main focus for mods should be quality of life/game. Things that improve what this server is about: Interaction with other players.

• Making ammo rare increases the chance of survivors talking first instead of shooting.
    • Longer battery life, well obviously it increases interaction.
    • Base building helps the Factions to keep a location for people to visit

There will be tons of servers that will focus on pvp. We should focus on making this server different than every other server out there.

-EDIT-

Just remembered this one, curious what others think of it:

• Locking tents in place. For example: i place a tent, i can lock it's location so only i can pick it back up again. (Everyone can still access the inventory of course)
      • This will have to come with some sort of rule of course: i'd have to access the inventory of the tent every 48h or my "lock" is removed. (Maybe even show the timer)

I think it could be a nice addition to help out the factions.

-EDIT-

Good questions, finally got some time to give this one a go (as a Guard)

1. Did you guys think the village moved around too quick/ slow? (In 0.62)

Would you like to see it moving faster or slower in 0.63?

It's been mentioned before, every location has had it's up and downsides. I believe we've tried to make every location work as best as we and the people helping out can.
    But at a certain point locations just didn't work out anymore for different reasons:
    -People got tired of the place and stopped visiting.
    -Constant bandit attacks. (People got tired of the place and stopped visiting)
    -(Nearly) Daily despawns.
    -And yes, also the Guards got tired of some places as well.

Plus the idea of The Village has always been to move every couple of weeks. Due to reasons above sometimes we moved after a week, sometimes we stayed for multiple weeks.

In the current patch, without tents and a lot of content not being in yet, i think The Village should move more often. Somewhere between 1 to 2 weeks, depending how a location is working out.
    Right now it's easy to move to a new place and call it The Village, call it Home.
    If a location works out, we could stay 2 weeks. If it doesn't we move after a week. Explore the lands, set up at new .63 locations and see what happens.

Once tents are back, or base building comes in (walls, hesco barriers, gates etc) i would like to see if, in time, we can find a location to stay for a longer period of time.

2. Which was the best/ your favorite Village location.

Would you guys want to see the village going back to an older location?

I've enjoyed Green Mountain and Stary Yar the most.

Both were amazing locations i'd love to visit again when we have base building implemented.

3. Should there be more "movement" from the Village Guards around the village?

(Should they be protecting from the outside.)

Do you guys want more locations rather than one?

More movement around The Village... I'd like that, and we've had a few locations where this actually worked as well. This always comes down to how many Guards are online and how busy it is inside The Village.
    I'm pretty sure once (yes again) base building comes in, and we can secure The Village in a proper way, Guards should be able to be outside more. Either patrolling close to The Village and welcoming people, or roaming the lands for supplies.
    Me personally, I've always enjoyed being inside when things were quiet and people were just chilling around a fire telling stories, trading and just having fun.

As for more locations.. If the server would become a 80-100 slot, i would like to try this. A secondary location close by, maybe 5 to 10 min walking distance.