Survive the night - Share your night stories!

• At my very first Village spawn I ignited my flare and I started running to the town of Berezino to meet my friend. It was soon after that I met my first other survivor and I told him to tag along. I met 5 other people including my friend in Berezino. Like flies we flocked together and started traveling. Khelm and then through the forest. It was a long fun journey. One guy even cut up his pants to have enough fuel for his torch.

When we got to the North East Airfield I was only with 3 others. Our destination was The Village. We saw the other 2 running towards the Civilian barracks in the distance but we decided to stay on route to The Village. When we arrived there were already a couple of people there who set up tents and put up the first wall. Arriving there, felt like home.

I will share another story later. What are your darkness stories?

• First night on my way from elektro to the village saw a guy with a flare, got to him and talk a bit before shot, later the same day, were going from the village to gorka for some planks, merged some guys of the division if I'm right who told us about some shooters in the area, got seperated from one of our guys, had a little fire fight, lost everybody, found me 2 buddy's from the village and we all just decided to get back to the village without planks while it was getting dark, now not all night, but the fear to get out of hotzone while it's getting dark and you have to use lights. We all survived but sadly no planks for the village

• I arrived in Novy yesterday, I saw a guy running around with a torch. I approached him with my flashlight off. There was also a gaslamp in front of the church and the churchdoors were then closed. I approached it carefully and shouted out. I heard the torch inside. No response.

I opened the door and pulled back in the darkness. Suddenly I saw someone sitting right next to me. 3 meters maybe.. Icould only see his backpack.

I called out to him but no response. It looked like he didn't hear me. I almost shot him but I decided to pull out, into the darkness...

• Just outside of Polana I spotted a survivor looting, then another. Two. As darkness started to creep in, they made their way out of Gorka heading north, right passed the ruins where I was hiding, my heart skipped a few beats but they passed me by, undetected. I followed. The two survivors made their way to Gorka then the police station, closing the door behind them. This was my chance, I approached with gun ready to draw. I loudly introduced myself outside the front door and stated clearly that while I was fully armed, was not here to harm them, just interested in collecting information and perhaps a friendly trade. After a brief exchange of pleasantries, it turns out that one of them was a survivor I had had many adventures with years ago. A good man named Jeremy, who was accompanied by his friend Luke.

After a few high fives and jokes the three of us decided to run together, head north and finally end up at The Village where we would rest. By this time the night had settled in, we found ourselves in the thick of the forest, no light sources, only my knowledge of the area and voice for them to follow. It was pitch black and we pushed forward awkwardly. After what seemed like an eternity ,we stumbled into a small clearing and a wood pile, once I got my bearings I realised we were literally a hundred meters North of The Village! I told the guys to follow me and I started my way up the hill, this is when we lost each other in the dark. When I realized what had happened, I yelled many times but no answer. I ran up the hill to The Village in a panic, grabbed a couple flares, lit one and headed in the direction where I last saw my friends, but there was no sign of them. Just darkness.

I hung around in the area for a while before igniting a few flares, providing a path back to The Village, then waited. Ten minutes, thirty and sixty. Survivors would trickle in and then leave. I never saw Jeremy or Luke again.

• Looting in the dark one night I entered a village pub with my torch on. I checked the tables in the pub then headed behind the bar. All was silent. Then my torch turned slightly and I saw the ghostly pale form of the naked torso of an infected stood right next to me. I froze. Suddenly Mr I'm too cool to wear a shirt made that scooby doo noise signifying he had spotted my presence in his personal space and a rapid panic ensued. I dropped the torch and total darkness enveloped me as I whipped out my weapon (steady ladies i'm talking about the hunting knife) and started slashing in all directions like Stevie Wonder trying to swat a fly. After a few appropriate grunts and groans from the infected bar tender I heard the welcome sound of infected hitting the deck...a heavy thud akin to Bill Gates dropping his wallet ...and breathed a sigh of relief. Why the infected critter could not have given me the usual urrrgh...hmmmm….arrrgh noises or maybe a quick ...I'm just serving this gentleman, i'll be with you in a minute sir.... I will never know. If he had he would have saved me the near heart attack and the need to find clean underwear Clean boxer shorts became my top looting priority after I had sat down and had a shake for five minutes.

P.S. I am an expert night navigator without need for torches. If anyone needs a night scout/guide catch me in the village

Just Jack

JUST - Adjective - Based on behaving according to what is morally right and fair.

• One night I was tucked up in the top room of a grey house with my mobile transceiver (you know the one...the radio the size of a suitcase that needs a CAR BATTERY) in hands trying to make contact with fellow nocturnal survivors. I heard some foot steps. I listened intently. By the time I had decided that it was no infected granny pegging out her washing I had a torch shining in my face. My first thought was if that's a head torch I could be getting an AK FACIAL ! and we ain't talking about the money shot. If it was a hand held torch I had a chance to jump up and dome the interloper with the radio set the size of a small family saloon. It weighed 12Kg so I was guessing that one swipe to the forehead should be enough to render him dazed, confused, dead or at least vastly miffed. There was an awkward silence between us. Nobody did anything for two very long two seconds before he spoke….JEEZE MAN YOU MADE ME SHIT MYSELF! ...was his opening line to my relief. We chatted for five minutes and offered each other any loot that might be helpful. He stated that he had loads of 9v batteries and did I need any? Nah i'm good was my reply. At one point he asked ...is that an AK on your back? ...and I thought ohhhh yes here we go, gear envy has taken hold and i'm about to get the 7.62mm facial I feared initially but would you believe he was asking because he had a spare suppressor he wanted to give me but alas it was for an M4. We parted ways after a very pleasant encounter. After 5 minutes I headed off into the night. Upon reaching the next house I turned on my torch to search for loot and suddenly it died. Battery was dead.

Note to self....when someone offers you a spare battery TAKE IT

Just Jack

• Well my worst joining ever... So joined in, quickly checking something on my phone when I hear and see that I got attacked, I'm in a hous, it's dark outside, didn't had my flashlight on hotbar and couldn't see shit. Finally got my flashlight dogded the zombie and runner to the door to get put as quickly as possible and get a hold on the situation, opened the door to get greeted by I think atleast 10 infected. Which gave me no way out. I think I got the bad luck to just join in a house where Somebody was just hiding for the infected, as when I died and almost spawned in again I heared somebody very confusing saying what the hell or something like that. If that is right have fun with one specific item, you will now what I mean 8).