Your opinion

• 1. Did you guys think the village moved around too quick/ slow? (In 0.62)

Would you like to see it moving faster or slower in 0.63?

(I have no say in this btw I'm only wondering what you guys are thinking.)

2. Which was the best/ your favourite village location.

Would you guys want to see the village going back to an older location?

3. Should there be more "movement" from the village guards around the village?

(Should they be protecting from the outside.)

Do you guys want more locations rather than one?

• I think the problem (for me at least) wasn't whether it moved slow or fast.

It was the population that wouldn't use the radios to figure it out and they'd just meta the shit out of the location with their friends and that's how it got griefed so much.

There were leaks about where it was located and nobody used the damn radio per what the rules said at the time.

• Great questions Cato , and no easy answers.

I think I can say with a degree of confidence that The Village moves as much or as little as needed based on many factors. Each location has its own unique set of challenges not only for the Guard, but also for our friends and even those pesky bandits. As a Guard, I would love to be "out and about" in the perimeter as much as possible but doing so, is not always in our best interest. Our current location has enabled us to be more mobile due to a few reasons which has been great, but I'd be lying if I didn't see the coast more times that I'd hope. lol

Dear DayZ gods, bring on base building :)

• Ok so I may have a opinion some won't agree on.

I feel like the village should move every week to a new location especially with it being so easy to do so now! Why?

When you stay in one place for a few weeks the bandits work out your best places to snipe from/attack, moving once a week would make this hard for them to do so.

My favourite village location?

Stary-yar by far the best village, wouldn't work to well now without tents.

The third question is down to nobody but the guard themselves really I've noticed a few more guards are going out on adventures leaving the village open he'll the past 3 days it's been empty 80% of the day so basically there was no village some form of rotation and making sure there is 2 guards if possible at the village would be nice to see

• I'd like it to move less tbh, altough I do understand why it moves. My favorite village was south of Novy Sobor. It was very central of chernarus which also means that the playerbase will be a bit more spread out instead of only being for example south-west or north east. I like when the village gets attacked on a reasonable level. Meaning that to me the village is a place which I can help out and guard and try to keep as long as possible! But I guess we all have different views on the village. :)

-As a 0.62 bandit nope (lol)
    -Buuut then again, sometimes I think the guards got a bit lazy and didn't move it when it was absolutely dead.

-I'd like to have the village stay somewhere for around 2 weeks, but I agree with Foxy's point, so I think the village needs to move once a week or so.

-Green Mountain

-Yes, and it will, many, many times but atm we want to try out new "innovative" areas. (No tents to move, but the stamina is still a huge factor here)

-I don't think so, at least in the current location. The amount of times we get attacked and the attacker kills a couple and run away is pretty huge when people hang out, outside of the castle. It makes the "hit and run" very easy without any risk. Ofcourse it's cooler to have a huge area 100% protected, but it's not possible.

-Defending from the castle is pretty easy and doesn't leave the bandits(KOS scum) with any choice, but to rush in.

-Not possible.

You know the problem with drawing lines in the sand? With a breath of air, they disappear.

Revenge isn't a passion, it's a disease. It eats at your mind and poisons your soul.

In this world there are no sides, only players.

• First, this are all very interesting and quite useful questions.

1. I think the village rythm of move was fairly good, remember it's VERY hard to run a village like this and not go completly crazy.

2. Hmmm tough one ... I'd say Stary Yar and Green mountain (both barns and mountain).
    I don't want to see the village go to an old location except if we are completly out of new ideas or until basebuilding is in.

3. Meh i am very biased as i was a guard before, but i think people should be free to do whatever they want, it's a game , guards are not paid to die for you all :*

.62 was a lot different being they could use tents to help set up defensive areas. As a bandit, it was nice having the village stay in one spot. Whichever area of the map that had the village would become a hotspot for robberies and banditry. Once word got out of the location, there was always interactions and things to do around its area. The times it got changed and the location was unknown were slow as both a friendly and bandit.

In .63 I think that the locations should stay in certain areas for a period of time. There is still a lot of stuff missing currently and the end game gets stale very quickly (Fully geared in 30 minutes depending on spawn). Currently I've been friendly in .63 and to be honest there just isn't much else to do except for interact with all the characters you meet on this server and go on adventures. Without the village and the people that play this server their wouldn't be anything different from say Trumps Wall. We all know that attacks on the village get old (especially when KOS'ers log directly into the village), but there are always a great amount of active guards online to keep the peace and take out attackers.

MY MAJOR UNPOPULAR OPINION:

A big thing to consider are new players joining the server. They have all seen the videos and heard about it, but decided to wait for .63 before playing the village. Imagine yourself in their shoes. You search for a radio and finally get one in order to try and locate the village. A day or so goes by before you can figure out the location after talking to strangers that you can barely hear because of the static. You finally make the trek there and are rewarded with a bunch of jolly village guards greeting you upon entry. Two days go by and they return, but the village has moved. You are now back to square one hoping to catch someone on the radio. Now a lot of people might just assume "Well that's how you're supposed to find it". Here's the problem with that: The majority of people that play this server are veterans and there's sort of a everyone knows each other thing. I'm not saying everyone does it, but I'm definitely guilty of just messaging friends asking for the location if it has been moved. Is it my fault for doing this? Of course. Will it maybe ruin my immersion? Yes. I just don't have much time to play. I'll quit rambling, but my point is that changing the village constantly only affects new players to the server. Take my word and experience: It doesn't matter how often you move the village. If a bandit wants to attack it, they WILL find the location and ATTACK it.

I've enjoyed them all except for NEAF in .62. Lol who's great idea was that one :D ?

Village guards should do whatever they please. With max 60 population there should be definitely only ONE location.

• RP: It doesn't matter what your opinions are because none of them matter to the Village Guard faction. I have wasted countless hours of effort helping "the cause." The VG faction, with the exception of a few great folks from society who had respectful jobs which benefited others before the outbreak, are a collection of crooks and bullies. They lack structure and organisation which is apparent by the state each and every village has ever been in. They do what they want when they want and your thoughts on this count for nothing.

THE QUEEN'S GUARD
    Armbands: Black
    Frequency: 91.9
    Strength in teamwork. Pride and trust in each other. To war, we go...

• RP: It doesn't matter what your opinions are because none of them matter to the Village Guard faction. I have wasted countless hours of effort helping "the cause." The VG faction, with the exception of a few great folks from society who had respectful jobs which benefited others before the outbreak, are a collection of crooks and bullies. They lack structure and organisation which is apparent by the state each and every village has ever been in. They do what they want when they want and your thoughts on this count for nothing.

RP: You can say whatever you want but we've always listened to all input. Some ideas were good, some ideas were bad. In the end the guards were usually there at the Village location and it needed to be a defensible location, therefor the options were limited. I don't want to live my life under leadership I don't agree with and I believe in the good side of human beings. If the good people stand up and help out the village will work and if not, it will fall. That has always been the vision of the Village.

I've always seen the Village as a place you can go back to, a place you call home.

Too much organization, and we are overbearing; some might even say nazis. Too little organization, and we are inept or incapable; some might even say unstructured.

It's an open secret that the village guard has always avoided a top-down authoritarian structure. There is a reason for that; it precludes tyranny.

We are always accepting applications. Often, it helps to walk a mile in another man's shoes. Short of that, you know where to stuff it.

• Too much organization, and we are overbearing; some might even say nazis. Too little organization, and we are inept or incapable; some might even say unstructured.

It's an open secret that the village guard has always avoided a top-down authoritarian structure. There is a reason for that; it precludes tyranny.

We are always accepting applications. Often, it helps to walk a mile in another man's shoes. Short of that, you know where to stuff it.

Would be interesting to see a lot more of the solo players join a faction.

• Good questions, finally got some time to give this one a go (as a Guard)

1. Did you guys think the village moved around too quick/ slow? (In 0.62)

It's been mentioned before, every location has had it's up and downsides. I believe we've tried to make every location work as best as we and the people helping out can.
    But at a certain point locations just didn't work out anymore for different reasons:
    -People got tired of the place and stopped visiting.
    -Constant bandit attacks. (People got tired of the place and stopped visiting)
    -(Nearly) Daily despawns.
    -And yes, also the Guards got tired of some places as well.

Plus the idea of The Village has always been to move every couple of weeks. Due to reasons above sometimes we moved after a week, sometimes we stayed for multiple weeks.

In the current patch, without tents and a lot of content not being in yet, i think The Village should move more often. Somewhere between 1 to 2 weeks, depending how a location is working out.
    Right now it's easy to move to a new place and call it The Village, call it Home.
    If a location works out, we could stay 2 weeks. If it doesn't we move after a week. Explore the lands, set up at new .63 locations and see what happens.

Once tents are back, or base building comes in (walls, hesco barriers, gates etc) i would like to see if, in time, we can find a location to stay for a longer period of time.

2. Which was the best/ your favorite Village location.

I've enjoyed Green Mountain and Stary Yar the most.

Both were amazing locations i'd love to visit again when we have base building implemented.

3. Should there be more "movement" from the Village Guards around the village?

More movement around The Village... I'd like that, and we've had a few locations where this actually worked as well. This always comes down to how many Guards are online and how busy it is inside The Village.
    I'm pretty sure once (yes again) base building comes in, and we can secure The Village in a proper way, Guards should be able to be outside more. Either patrolling close to The Village and welcoming people, or roaming the lands for supplies.
    Me personally, I've always enjoyed being inside when things were quiet and people were just chilling around a fire telling stories, trading and just having fun.

As for more locations.. If the server would become a 80-100 slot, i would like to try this. A secondary location close by, maybe 5 to 10 min walking distance.

“Only by binding together as a single force will we remain strong and unconquerable.”