Can't compile "World" script module!

• Hey peeps. I've posted on the Dayz forum, but haven't had an answer yet, so wondered if anyone here may have experience with the game not launching due to : Can't compile "World" script module! error. I've searched google, and I've found a few people having the same error, but no one has given a fix. I've uninstall / reinstalled the game, but still can't launch it.

Anyone have any idea what causes this? Oh ... '.63 experimental branch' is what I'm talking about, not test branch.

• I feel offended by your profile picture

Images

• Panic.png

Killing is only one small aspect of survival. And hardly necessary. A person's desire to kill, is not out of thrive to survive. But rather a false sense of pride, a sick form of amusement, a disgusting form of empowerment. They who feel the need to kill and call it "survival" are just refusing to accept their barbaric ways. Self defence is another matter entirely, but how often is that self defence not against those who feel an unnatural need to harm?

• Can't say that particular error but I have had dayz uninstall but leave the profile and configs in %appdata% . I'd make sure you've wiped that out and ensure dayz is completely removed (actually check the install location to be sure the folder and files are gone).

similar issue with arma 2 dayz and "unable to load mission file" or some crap, profile was corrupted.

• I removed everything before reinstalling, local files, document files, etc, but issue is still there. The crash report text says ( Multiple declaration of class 'DayZInfectedCommandAttack') , so I'm assuming it's a problem locating a specific piece of game file ... not a config, etc. All in can think of, is that with the latest update, there may be data corruption on my hard-drive. Not sure what's causing it ... but cannot play until it gets sorted unfortunately.

• Barely Infected . Hey chap. I've done that a few times, still no fix. I'll try the root directoy sugestion you linked to, then next plan is to open files in notepad++, and do a line search for 'DayZInfectedCommandAttack', find the files that contains any code references, and remove those before running another verify. Then maybe, I'll uninstall everything Dayz related, and run a hard drive de-fragmentation, just in case it's a bad director path hidden on the drive somewhere. Like I said, I'm not the only person to have this issue ... but no searches offered a solution. I'm not putting it on the bug tracker ... because I wouldn't class it as a 'bug', but had no response from the Dayz forum (technical issues) itself yet. Been waiting for The Village to run .63 ... now I can't play the game .... sad days! Thanks for trying to help though. I'll post here if I fix it, just in case anyone else ever gets this problem

• Barely Infected . No, reinstalled twice, didn't change. Good news, launch successful!!

The fix: Delete "scripts" file from the root directory .... do not validate integrity through Steam ... launch game without that file. Game works perfectly, infected do what they are meant to, all is good.

Thanks for that link ... I had seen that earlier, but figured the reinstall would have updated any issues with that file, so overlooked it. Turns out the file itself is the issue, and is no longer needed. Strange that a reinstall keeps putting an outdated file back into the directory, so I'll mention it to someone at Dayz, and see what they say about it.

Nothing could screw with my day now .... I can Village again!, so the world is right. lol

• Hey peeps. I've posted on the Dayz forum, but haven't had an answer yet, so wondered if anyone here may have experience with the game not launching due to : Can't compile "World" script module! error. I've searched google, and I've found a few people having the same error, but no one has given a fix. I've uninstall / reinstalled the game, but still can't launch it.

Anyone have any idea what causes this? Oh ... '.63 experimental branch' is what I'm talking about, not test branch.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/…t_compile_mission_script/

take a look