The current state of the Revolutionary United Front [RUF]: OPEN DISCUSSION

• During my first days here I had the same problems on the coast, for example Berenzino! A lot of KOS death...

But after I found the first acquaintances and friends it got better! Now I know where I meet friendly people, where the fractions live approximately or whom I have to ask. I do not stop at the coast. After spawn run direct into the inland...do not eat...do not drink...

Maybe you find the village or the settlers and stay there...Maybe you will also first befriend the RUF and become a bandit ... stay safe ... kill all ...but please dont kill me ;)

Actually I did find the village, died trying to defend it before I even gained entry. After all the "fun" on the coast I made it back, met the guard (I think it was Mike but not sure) and a bunch of funny people, including the Chenarus Police Force.

to be fair, the only reason I was on the coast was to kill the guy camping and killing freshies outside of elektro, maybe that first squad thought I was him? A stick sure looks like a shotgun.

I still avoid KOS but there are times and places where it's the only real safe option. On my first session on the server I was basically recruited by the Dead Presidents to become a trial member, but my pc died and I never engaged with them. Those guys knew how to bandit. So well, in fact, that when the server crashed in the middle of them robbing me, I got back on, ran back to where they robbed me, and waited for them to complete the encounter.

If you see a dude running around elektro with no gun and zombies it's me

• I've seen my group do things that are unheard of for this server. What bandit group on here has managed to capture and ransom a village guard over the radio? What bandit group has managed to capture six prisoners inside the Village compound and force them all to wear dresses? We have literally robbed and tortured 50+ players in two weeks. Obviously shit happens sometimes and KOS will occur, but the main question that I want to ask this community is this: Have we contributed positively to this community?

Thoughts, comments, constructive feedback, robbery stories and frog memes are welcomed!

I was one of them guys forced to wear a dress and force fed human meat.

I'm new to DayZ standalone (only played the mod up to now) and am so used to KOS on the mod servers. After 12 hours of SA gameplay, I was held up by you guys in the village and have to say it was one of the best introductions to DayZ SA I could have asked for. I even got to choose a dress that matches my eyes ;)

Honestly, I think the way you guys are going about it is spot on! Myself and a mate have since started our own faction (police force) and pretty much have the same attitude as you guys! If a potential suspect refuses to be detained and does a runner, or gets hostile, he will be gunned down! Just because he doesn't want to be part of the role play, doesn't make him/her immune to the situation at hand! We're here to have fun and make the whole experience as pleasurable as possible without pointlessly KOS'ing!

Keep it up guys and hopefully the next time we encounter the RUF the CPF will be ready for you :evil::evil:

• In a week, I experienced more role play here than on whitelisted RP-Servers...! Be proud of "The Village"...itsa nice community :)

Definitely mate. Glad you enjoy it here! Really! means a world to me.

We try to keep the experience very special and it seems like a lot of people enjoy it! It's also hard to keep the running as it is right now, I won't deny it. With the rules and other such. It's hard to enforce a lot of them, but in a lot of ways a lot of them are worth it in my honest opinion. :)

• My man we are nowhere near the coast. We have been on the northern part of the map or western part of the map. There is another bandit faction doing that. But do not blame us for this. - Ace

• My experience so far is that you guys seem to like hold-up and colour your attacks with a lot of talking wich is wonderful, sadly like every non-KOS player you will have to handle the silent mutes that only fight back or die trying,, this will always be a problem, if he's a known community member then you can try to call him out on it, people that don't interact always lose a bit of my respect.

As Kerrigan pointed out the next step is to have distinguishable equipment (armband, hat + face mask combo etc etc ...) so when you show up people can say "Shit it's RUF ...!" and know they have a chance to stay alive if they surrender instead of just being KoS'd, it can help both ways, if spotted first you'll probably get KoS'd or people will run but that's the bad side of being a bandit ;)

Anyway just keep being chatty and go for interaction, that's the best way to have fun anyway :D

• The big dilemma that we have ourselves is when we run into players that don't want to interact or are obviously outgunned, out manned, that refuse to surrender. Time and time again we run into players that don't comply with orders and they end up getting executed or shot down. This sort of play style has been getting some negative feedback. In our minds, if you don't comply or refuse to surrender we will kill you. What sort of bandits will just say "Oh, These guys won't give up, let's head back to our base and farm zucchinis :P"?

I'll be very honest, if you were to run into me and try to hold me up, I'd probably stubbornly fight to my last breath.
    I'd rather die trying than surrender. I highly respect your style of holding people up, and I don't do the fight or die style because I like killing so much, it's just how I am.
    Regardless of that, I think you guys are making a very positive impact on the whole bandit play on this server and I hope you guys keep it up!
    So please, don't let the wankers like me who will fight to death demoralize you in any way.

Killing is only one small aspect of survival. And hardly necessary. A person's desire to kill, is not out of thrive to survive. But rather a false sense of pride, a sick form of amusement, a disgusting form of empowerment. They who feel the need to kill and call it "survival" are just refusing to accept their barbaric ways. Self defence is another matter entirely, but how often is that self defence not against those who feel an unnatural need to harm?