A village ruled by bandits?

• This last night, I and the other villagers defended The Village as long as we could. When the last man fell The Village was declared to be captured by bandits (Until our saviors Rene and Mike came around).

That event got me thinking: How would a proper village ruled by bandits look? Would it just be the bandits shooting anyone that comes within range, similar to what we saw in the last days of Zub, or would they actually have a functional society?

What are your thoughts?

• Bandits, are likely to be hiding barrels glitched into rocks and buildings. They aren't brave enough to put their villages where they can easily be found. They won't declare their area of faction control, too scared to lose all their stolen loot. There will come a point when they don't have enough storage for this loot, so then what? Where does the thrill of pillaging and PVP come from? They will give up the game and go and play other games because they completed their end-game.

Their wish is PVP but it has to be on their terms. We make it easy for them by allocating map locations to us but if their storage locations were known then they would have more PVP but they are too fearful to lose what they took.

We need to work together. The good guys need to share undeclared locations and camps they find and formulate plans so we can take the fight to them and take back what we fought long and hard to obtain!

THE QUEEN'S GUARD
    Armbands: Black
    Frequency: 91.9
    Strength in teamwork. Pride and trust in each other. To war, we go...

• Axe, are they bandits? It seems to me their intent is to just kill. Pulling out a weapon in the barn and shooting everyone you can is not banditry to me. Its murder. The "bandits" are so skilled. Why aren't they playing PUB where they can get all the pvp they want?

• This last night, I and the other villagers defended The Village as long as we could. When the last man fell The Village was declared to be captured by bandits (Until our saviors Rene and Mike came around).

That event got me thinking: How would a proper village ruled by bandits look? Would it just be the bandits shooting anyone that comes within range, similar to what we saw in the last days of Zub, or would they actually have a functional society?

What are your thoughts?

Hi Axe i heard your crossbow gone last night i really didnt saw it mate. I am gonna find a new one whit some bolt for your trade shop. see you soon.

• We need to work together. The good guys need to share undeclared locations and camps they find and formulate plans so we can take the fight to them and take back what we fought long and hard to obtain!

Well said. Thank you for your thought!

I think that the attackers that comes to the village are nothing more than PVP seekers. That on it's own makes it harder for any "real" bandits to fill out their role because you can't distinguished a bandit from an attacker. Which is a shame.

BUT The Village will still stand tall!

• Axe, are they bandits? It seems to me their intent is to just kill. Pulling out a weapon in the barn and shooting everyone you can is not banditry to me. Its murder. The "bandits" are so skilled. Why aren't they playing PUB where they can get all the pvp they want?

No, those are definitely NOT bandits. Neither are the people who is despawning tents and loot. I agree fully that they are ruining the experience a little. I would like to focus on stuff like supply-runs, taking care of the shop and fixing vehicles. But 5 attacks in the hour is preventing this a little.

• Honestly, I think a village of "real" bandits would function a lot like a village of, uh, villagers. The biggest difference is that the bandits would raid other camps without much hesitation, while villagers would probably be more inclined to scavenge. Sadly, the random pub attackers would wreck either camp.

What are your thoughts?

I have wanted to make a sort of bandit settlement for some time now, but not like ordinary bandits. If it were up to me this settlement would be a group of bandits that roam Chernarus, robbing people, taking villagers hostage and more. I think this would improve the RP aspect of the server. The problem is that it is really hard to find people that are up for this sort of thing. If we are going to take people hostage and rob them we are going to risk our lives and who in their right mind would want to risk running from the coast again, except for me? :D

If anyone is interested in creating some thing like that. Please message me on the website.

• I have wanted to make a sort of bandit settlement for some time now, but not like ordinary bandits. If it were up to me this settlement would be a group of bandits that roam Chernarus, robbing people, taking villagers hostage and more. I think this would improve the RP aspect of the server. The problem is that it is really hard to find people that are up for this sort of thing. If we are going to take people hostage and rob them we are going to risk our lives and who in their right mind would want to risk running from the coast again, except for me? :D

If anyone is interested in creating some thing like that. Please message me on the website.

Would love to see that!