sound...

• I have a problem with my sound, problem is that I sometimes hear a “click” sound in my headphones when in DayZ. It seems to come in a few different reasons, annoying for most but becomes a real problem as it always happen when even another survivor get’s within a certain distance(speech distance, I guess) – it destroys a, for me, very important element in the game.

Because of that I have to play with headset off or some pretty loud music on... or I don’t bother logging in at all.

So far I’ve done the most common, reinstall game, drivers, another headset, switch output channel, only thing that did anything, was playing on my wifes computer…. it does not look like many have the same problem, so it must be some unluckey hw/sw/os combo and therefore I don’t expect any solution from devs in the near future – it might end up with a new motherboard(pretty old anyway).

Tonight I’ll try to run it trough WINE, just of curiositty and narrowing down.

I’m not looking for a final solution(ofc)… and a ticket has been created relevant place, but it would make me very happy if anybody have a temporary fix or workaround?

• No, I'm sure it's not server-side.

I have found a few cars(working, didn't steal, had a look in trunk, for nice shiny things...), but tbh guess I use one of the 2 ways to block sound and didn't notice if there was any sound there :( I'll do some tests the next time.

best workaround I've found so far... stock up on 9v's and keep handheld transceiver

on... sound drowns in the white noise ;)

• ... of some reason, that I sadly can’t point at and be sure, the bug-sound is no more – and it’s not any of the things I’ve done intentional… would almost prefer it back, so I can figure prob.

But I know exactly what has been done in period from last test/try to remove bug-sound to now where it’s gone. I believe that only one of the things have anything to it, that is a reinstall of NVIDIA Experience. With DayZ in mind, I've also reinstalled DZSA-laundher but can’t see how that could effect sound. Every other actions done, has either nothing to do with sound or have no relations to DayZ.

• so I spent the day running around on a 1.4 server, working car sound glitch is still present. I didn't measure it but I'd say it's about 150m but you actually have to be somewhat facing the car for it to go off and it's very close to a distant supressed shot, if you are running with gear you'll probably miss it.

Drove around in 3 different cars that I found by noticing the sound, looking around until it gave me a hint of the direction.

I'm confused as to why nvidia experience would cause this, but I also don't push audio from the gpu so it could be related to that.