Another day survived

• a crackling broken message comes over the radio.....

"Greetings survivors. Katrina checking in. My friend and I are still surviving in the forests but we don’t stay in one place for too long. We keep hearing gun shots so we are hoping that whoever fired them has found safe passage. With every gun shot we move on.

I found a friendly survivor in orlovets who helped me with directions to Polana where I had agreed to meet my friend again, but Ive now become diseased from eating raw beef through desperation. Theres only so much mushroom I can eat before I feel it would be better to give up and join the infected. Yesterday we travelled to Gorka on our map in search of the hospital. As ever we are very cautious and observe from afar before entering and spotted two different survivors in the town, both armed with guns. We tried to make contact over our radio but neither replied so we didn’t approach. One was wearing a UN helmet so had hoped they were from a peacekeeping force but to no avail. We know they could hear us as they stopped to listen to our pleas over the radio but they appear to have lost faith and continued to travel on alone.

We then left Gorka behind in search of another hospital but Ive left my friend behind in search of medication. I did find some after being caught in the middle of a fight between wolves and infected which was very scary. Luckily I escaped into the trees and found safety in a nearby town. The pills seem to be taking a while to work as I am still infected. Im not in pain but I cant keep any food down. Hopefully my friend will travel well and we can meet up again before continuing on our travels

We reaching out to those who occupy the village. Please make contact, We need sanctuary for a while and to know all hope is not lost and there are survivors out there who still care about humanity. We have our radio tuned into the frequency 87.8 that we found on an old notepad in Berezino but its just silent. We hope the village still exists and we can feel the warmth of a fire one again. Yours in desperation Katrina"

The radio then falls silent...…...