Ive just landed on these shores

• Greetings Survivors

My (ingame) name is Katrina), (steam name andysuter). I finally made it to these shores after my raft broke up in a storm. Ive heard about the village and the survivors that are starting a new life there and keen to find them. Before the outbreak I was a nurse. I had thought people would come together during the outbreak but everyone seems so aggressive, Ive seen many deaths.

It was my first day and night yesterday and a found a new friend who has also settled here. We are currently hiding in the woods, surviving on what we can find and try to stay out of sight as we have heard about the various factions. We are doing ok so far but food is running scarce. The nights are dark but the safest time for us to travel.

Hope to meet other survivors soon. We are nervous but friendly.

• Greetings Katrina and your friend,

Its possible to survive on just mushrooms from the woods as I spend most my time in the woods to.

There are 3 types of mushrooms and non are poisonous.

Not sure if you use an external map as they show where some apple trees are.

Most villages seem to have some fruit trees.

There are often other fruits such plums and pears along the side of roads.

About encounters - experienced survivors say use a microphone to say 'Hello' first - then less likely to get shot.

I never move with my gun out as some survivors think it looks aggressive so they Kill On Sight.

Just a thought, try to stay away from the spawn points on the coast as lots of desperate people come inland.

I'm usually up in Olsha, some friendly survivors up here - but sometimes lots of shooting as bandits can snipe from the hill.

Anyhow, best of luck, and stay safe.

• Stay frosty. Saying hello before a player sees you states your intent not to kill on sight. It begins the process of trust. It gives away your position but people panic and shoot first sometimes when they run into a room and suddenly see you crouched in secret.

When you are exploring zed infested areas always have an exit strategy. Any ladder can save you life or a building you can shut yourself in. If you agro one zed others will hear and come running. You may survive two zeds at the same time but three will probably overwhelm you.

Eat lots. Food is better off in your belly that taking up room in your backpack. Keep one tin of beans or spaghetti and a bottle of water for emergencies. Nothing worse than having to take chances as you are dying from thirst or hunger.

Good luck out there and stay safe o7

Just Jack CSF Faction

• Welcome to the server! And yeah almost every tip I had is already told above already. But one tip I have to meet up with other survivors or just looking for a nice chat. Try to get a hand- or field-tranciever. But be careful with giving away your location on there as not only friendly people will be on the radio.