Loot issues

• Hey all!

As requested a forum post where you can post the loot/gear issues you people encounter.
    This way we as admins and mods can see what is happening and nothing gets lost in Discord.

1 Simple rule: Be constructive.

For example: Don't go saying you cant find an M4 after just searching 1 military tent.

“Only by binding together as a single force will we remain strong and unconquerable.”

• I would like to see the tent and barrel spawns increased to encourage base building and raiding. I've yet to see any on my travels that wasn't already propped up by a player.

Stashes fall under this umbrella as well I suppose. Drybags should be disabled as a stashable object. Why? Because they're far too common and can hold two M4s plus an entire row of ammo. Stashes that hold rifles should require effort to setup, such as moving a sea chest to wherever it is you want your stash to be.

• There's a big issue with military loot right now. Assault rifles such as M4s and AKs are supposed to be highly sought after. People complained and the issue was "fixed", however, they seem to be in abundance now which is not how it should be. Sea chests are incredibly rare and are likely all stashed away full of loot, alongside drybags which are far too common and can contain these highly sought-after items, eventually hindering loot spawning where it should and this creates an imbalance in the loot economy, likely between rivalling groups. Stashes are such a powerful tool of controlling the loot economy, especially with rifles as M4s, AKs, FALs, SVDs, SKS' and Winchesters. The fact that stashes be so well hidden as well as glitched into objects so that they are almost impossible to uncover almost entirely decreases the chance of being able to balance the economy. With that said, stashes should be changed heavily, and survivors should be guided into storing loot in accessible (not necessarily unprotected) places such as barrels and tents, being encouraged into building bases to put this storage. Bases should be much, much harder to raid as this would give people the incentive to put their storage inside them, and for people to find and raid them for the reward factor. Of course, people may not agree in fear of losing their loot and players will probably not change their mindset about loot, however, I believe the server could be even more fun if loot was more competitive and changed hands easier than it currently does, hence pushing forward these ideas to less experienced (and perhaps stubborn, experienced) players.

• Morning Admins!

Loot seems to be sparse these days and I wonder if a vast number of the community have forgotten about their stashes (or locations) and everything is just simply buried underground for the past ~45 days. I wondered if the time the stashes stay active should be reduced, would that help?

Keep up the great work! I know you guys are working diligently behind the scenes :)

• If anything, I would increase tent/barrel spawns slightly and make dry packpacks and shovels extremely rare to stop the hording issue.

I would estimate that 80% of the AK/M4 on the server are currently in underground stashes. And I've uncovered at least 20 in the last week

Theres also an issue with player placed barrels being glitched into inaccessible parts of buildings. E.g. inside of walls etc. These can normally be seen when you first load in for the split second before the building renders if your in a building where this is being exploited.

• I got another question with a context : Does taking some loot and drop it elsewhere will lower it's time being in the server ? For example, taking some loot from a shed and drop it in the village floor.

I think so, at least some versions ago the loot in the floor was slowly going away, something like loosing status, worn->damage->badly damage->ruined and then it gets deleted in the server restart.