New guy here to Dayz and RP

• Hi guys. I am new to Dayz and RP. I just bought the game today and figured I'd get the most joy out of it if I RPED. I RPed in other games before like swtor however never over voice chat. I'll be a bit honest here I have anxiety and a speech problem so am kinda hestitant to talk over mics. How accepting is everyone here and do you guys have any tips for a complete noob. Thanks in Advance

• Hi Tony,

Welcome to this amazing land and I hope you have a great adventure.

I'm still a noob as I rarely interact with survivors but play friendly stealth for a good reason.

Tips depend upon your play style. My main tip is be cautious as although many friendly helpful survivors there are some bandits and they can look alike.

I'm still waiting to meet my first survivor but as my speech is broken, the thought is stressful as some survivors assume silence means a hostile.

Finding The Village is my aim but that it requires a radio.

Anyhow, have a great time, and all the best meeting people.

TheRunningManZ on Twitch streams live most days plus he has a great YouTube channel - I've learnt a lot from him especially how to interact with people - he doesn't kill everyone :)

• I used to use only text chat for my first 2 weeks on the server, friendly people should not kill you but sometimes people don't have the in game chat enabled, talking on microphone will save you from alot of trouble but you don't have to say much

• Hello buddy. You came to the right server. Your issued will not hold you back from interaction. Use the Mike. It will save your life. Saying hello before a guy sees you states your intent to be friendly better than anything else. My tip to enjoy the server with a friendly play style is to accept you will die on probably 30% of your interactions. As you become known on the server that figure will reduce. Assholes don't use a friendly RP server on the whole so speach issues and nerves won't be an issue. Enjoy the village and stay safe.

Just Jack CSF

• Thanks everyone for the tips. Its good to know that the community is somewhat good. I plan on playing in a few minutes but have read the forums more specifically the bounty hunting ones and got a good laugh out of it. Cant wait to dive in

• Thanks everyone for the tips. Its good to know that the community is somewhat good. I plan on playing in a few minutes but have read the forums more specifically the bounty hunting ones and got a good laugh out of it. Cant wait to dive in

Since you joined my play style changed from pure stealth - now every time I approach a building I say "hello" in case someone else is already in.

Just tried it and missed someone by seconds - perhaps they were cautious and didn't interact - perhaps not saying 'hello' might have got me killed there.

Things now seem less stressful :)