Modz

• I will put this post in this topic. If it's not fit in here you can move it somewhere else.

So with new mods that came to "The Village" server, I came up with new ideas when it comes to modding. I listed 21 mods requested on reddit and I want to share it also here. I hope someone who knows how to code will look at this list and make some of this mod. I would really like to see some of this mods in our server but only if majority wants it. Let me know what you thing about this list, what mods would fit well in "The Village" and which ones would not.

If I could choose only 3 mods from my list I would take #2, #3 and #9

With modding tools we can make this game a much better. We already have some awesome mod out there such as Winter Chernarus, Trader, WeaponReduxPack, a few awesome new created maps which completly change game style and brings totally new game experiance to the table. Some might not like this popular mods, some people love it. This is why modding is great for everyone. For PVP players, hardcore players and for Roleplay servers. You can create and download mods to your server for your community. So down below I've listed my mod requests I want to see in the future. Unfortunatly for me I don't know how to code, so all my hopes are on you modders.

This is my list (let me know which ideas you like and which you don't like).

#1: Temperature mod

This mod would include temprature status/information about weather. There could be new icon on bottom right beside other status icons which would represent state of weather. There would be 4 tempreture states:

• Hot
    • Worm
    • Cold
    • Very cold

Hot = Outside is 25+ degrees Celsius. You have to wear T-shirt, Scrub T-shirts and shorts in order not to dehydrate faster. Wearing a hoodie, warm heats, gloves, warm pants or any other more warmer clothes would mean that your character is sweating and will dehydrate faster, which means that you will have to drink more water.

Worm = Outside is 0 to 25 degrees Celsius. A normal day, you can wear anything without any problems with dehydration.

Cold = Outside is 0 to -10 degrees Celsius. Usually nights. Wearing a t-shirt would mean you are freezing. You should wear hoddies, jackets and pants.

Very cold = -10 degrees Celcius or colder. You need to find a house or any shelter to protect yourself from cold wind and weather. You need to make fire to keep you worm. Balaclava, Ushanka, Zmiovka, Radar Cap, Bandana, Ski Mask and Gloves is must have item in order to survive very cold days and nights!

This mod is intented for hardcore and roleplay players. Not for PvP, more PvE.

#2: Barricading mod

Somebody's already doing this but I don't think it's done yet and ready to use. This mod would allowed you to barricade yourself in already exciting houses, sheds and others rooms. You could barricade doors and windows with planks or with any other material for building barricades.

This mod is intented for everyone. PVP, Hardcore and Roleplay players.

#3: Notes mod

The Vanilla game had this feature back in 0.61 build I think. It looked like this. This mod could bring some life to Chernarus. You could make your own diary, your own chacarcter story, you could spread fake news, write some love or lost stories, you could run a Chernarus newspaper, you could leave some messages when you raid someone base etc. All you need is pen and paper. And your imagination :) Rain cought you? Maybe night cougt you? No problem, it's time for writing before sun goes up or before stop raining. This might not be difficult implemented. We have mods that brings back old guns, so the same can be done with old notes feature?

This mod is intented for more roleplay players

#4: Spray paint mod

Similiar mod to Notes mod. In this mod you can write messages on wall, buildings, bases, roads or on any flat surface with spraypaint. Some examples.

This mod is also intented for more roleplay players.

#5: Obstruck vision mod

Wearing a helmet or mask can save your head from bullets but can also obstruck your vision. It's up to you what you'll choose. Better head protection or better view? Examples

This mod is intented for hardcore and roleplay players

#6: World object containers mod

You saw those static objects such as letter boxes, bookshelfs, frigers, drawers, cabinets, ovens etc.. Well, wouldn't be cool if you could store some items in it? We already have something similiar which is very good, but with Barricading mod (#2) this would be really nice addition.

This mod is intented for everyone

#7: Statistic mod

After your death screen you could see some personal statistic such as:

• Distance traveled on foot
    • Distance traveled in vehicles
    • Unique vehicles found
    • Unique locations visited
    • Times bleeding
    • Times diseased
    • Unique items found
    • Unique buildings visited
    • Unique items crafted
    • Headshots delivered
    • Players encountered (a list of players with their basic information, for example)
    • History of injuries (injury type, time of origin, cause, etc.)
    • Shots fired (+ accuracy)
    • Weapons found
    • Favorite weapons (various categories: melee, pistol, assault rifle, long-range, etc.)
    • Time survived
    • Cause of death
    • Zombies killed

This would add some value to your character and something to strive for it.

This mod is intented for everyone.

#8: Corpse Decay mod

Click on link above, everything is explained there. This mod is intented for everyone.

#9: No loot respawn mod

With this mod, Admin of the server, would have an option to not respawn loot for certain time. For example there could be servers that will respawn loot after a month or two. What would this bring? This mod would force you to stash food, weapons and others items. Camping, barricading, base building would be a huge part of this. This mod would also force you to travel more, cuz there is no items to loot in big cities, cuz all others survivals took them already. This would also mean people would eventually search for food and weapons more north which can be great opportunity to place safe base south of the map because everyone is too busy looking for food up north :) Also at the end of the month I think people would more cooporate in order to survive. This mod with Barricading mod (#1) and statistic mod (#7) can be a really good challange.

This mod is intented for more hardcore players.

#10: Random doors locked mod

With this mod certain procentage of doors would be locked and in order to you to get inside those houses you would need to break doors with axe, hetchet, lockpick or weapon. Sound would alert zombies around you and others players. Also running away from zombies would be much harder because you might came across to house which is locked. I think 25% random doors locked would be enough.

This mod is intented for more hardcore players and roleplayers

• #11: Drag body and moving cuffed players mod

With this mod you could drag dead body and you could also be able to move cuffed players something like this. Also their would be a chance to sit cuffed person to your car or to put cuffed person into the trunk. Would be great for kidnappers :)

This mod is intented for roleplayers

#12: Mute player with ductape mod

Whit this mod you could mute player with rope or rags when he is handcuffed. Simply just put something into his mouth so that he can't speak. This mod would work well with Drag body and moving cuffed players mod (#11)

This mod is intended for roleplayers but could also be useful for PvP players

#13: Whistle mod

This mod would allowed you to whistle with your hands something like that or like that. For example by pressing the "v" button your character would start whistling. Sound range could be the same as with megaphones.

#14: Light them up mod

With this mod you could light up cities, lighthouses, prison/military lights or street lights. Lighthouses and military lights would have a long range of light that could be seen from few kilometers away. Those light you could rotate in any direction. Of course you would need generators and others stuff to light this things.

This mod is intented more for roleplayers but this might also be good to attract other players so could work also for PvP players

#15: Sling rope mod

Simple gun sling idea. With this mod you can't have any malee weapons on your back and also you can't have on your back weapons without sling. With this mod it would be harder to destroy walls because you wouldn't always have your malee weapon with you to destroy it, unless you will have it all the time in your hands which makes you more vulnerable.

This mod is intented for hardcore players and roleplayers.

#16: Backpack opening animation mod

Probably hard to implement it but could be very useful. A quick (3 second) animation would be activated when you are searching your backpack so the others people can see you what are doing. Also it's more realistic.

This mod is intented for roleplayers.

#17: Sitting mod

I know we have animation to sit straight. However, it's quite hard to sit in a way you want it. This mod would benefit for roleplay players. It would be quite simple. When you approach to chair or bench there would pop out an option to sit.

#18: Cigarettes and alcohol mod

"Do you have a light?" "Do you smoke?" Simple mod intented for roleplayers, however cigarettes could also be a good way to approach person or start a conversation. All you need is lighter or matches and some ciggaretes.

As far as alcohol is concerned there could be one type of beer, one type of wine and type of whiskey. Does not have to be something extra hard. Being drunk would also mean that you have a blurry vision and you're bouncing all around the place like this. Maybe if you are bored, you could set up yourself some challange. How many people and zombies you can kill when you are drunk? :D

#19: Cross of dead mod

With this mod you can show your condolences to the fallen survivals. You can build this crosses anywhere on the land, you just need rope, some wood and shovel. This mod would bring a new clues and would be cool for roleplaying.

#20: ID personal cards mod

With this mod every player spawns with an ID card that's has written a name and profile picture. You can throw it away or you can keep it. It can be award and collection for bandits and other PvP players.

#21: Wind effect mod

This mod would bring more harsh weather. Strong wind could be something like this and this or maybe even a tornado that comes randomly. In this situation you have to find a house or any other shelter to keep you away from danger. This mod could work very well with Winter_Chernarus mod and Temperature mod (#1).

Let me know what would you like to see? Is this doable?

• I think it would be all good if they are coded correctly.

@Speggie question. As an admin, can you manipulate with loot spawning? Eg. it's possible for you to prevent items to respawn? I think this could be game changer.

• As long as mods aren't properly supported by the devs, meaning that a server in the official browser or launcher tells you what mods a server has loaded and will load them for you and then join, modding isn't really viable. We've tried it for a bit but we saw the population go down by more than half. We don't feel comfortable adding any mods for now.

• As long as mods aren't properly supported by the devs, meaning that a server in the official browser or launcher tells you what mods a server has loaded and will load them for you and then join, modding isn't really viable. We've tried it for a bit but we saw the population go down by more than half. We don't feel comfortable adding any mods for now.

Population went down because people had to visit the website, download the mods and load them each time they wanted to play on The Village instead of pressing one button to play when using the DZSALauncher. You limited the amount of players that had access to the server and as such it wasn't a very good representation of what a modded village would look like.

You keep waiting for an official fix that isn't coming. Mods are unreliable, sure - but so is the stuff the devs add in and at least they add in some much needed content and QoL features to an otherwise bland and empty game. I loved playing on The Village, but vanilla is a stale experience right now and you should seriously consider adding in mods. This time with access via the DZSALauncher.

• Of course there will be an official fix. Most of the mods are janky because of the lack of documentation from the devs.

Contrary to what you think, I and many others seem to be still enjoying the server as is, and would rather wait for reliable mods that wont break every time the devs release an update.

(Although I would like more infected, less food, and shittier weather asap. :) )

• Of course there will be an official fix. Most of the mods are janky because of the lack of documentation from the devs.

Contrary to what you think, I and many others seem to be still enjoying the server as is, and would rather wait for reliable mods that wont break every time the devs release an update.

(Although I would like more infected, less food, and shittier weather asap. :) )

Population is fine. Some of the community have left but it's a healthy server. That's not the point. I'm saying that the server could be so much more with the introduction of mods - this time using the 3rd party launcher. It's not like the game gets regularly updated is it? We're 3 months into 2019 and have had 2 guns and a handful of bug fixes (plus a few new ones!). Could be another year until we get proper mod support. If you're happy to play vanilla until then all the more power to you.

I miss playing on The Village but it's hard to go from playing on modded and then switch back to stable because it's such a downgrade. There are plenty of reliable mods that don't break the server or it's logs and using it as an excuse to not implement is just a cop out. It's not like the content the devs implement is any better - it's usually worse than the mods..

You look at EndZone for example and in less than a month they've brought in over 1200 discord members alone. The server never drops below the 50 player mark, which is peak times for The Village and in the evenings the 100 player slots typically has a queue of up to and exceeding 50 players at times every single night.

• I miss playing on The Village but it's hard to go from playing on modded and then switch back to stable because it's such a downgrade. There are plenty of reliable mods that don't break the server or it's logs and using it as an excuse to not implement is just a cop out. It's not like the content the devs implement is any better - it's usually worse than the mods..

Well there's a large chunk of the community that disagrees. There are about 6 or 7 mods that don't ruin the dayz experience. I'm not saying there are or aren't performance issues. I'm saying most of the mods out there strip what little of DayZ is left out, and convert it immediately to easy mode. I don't think the village would be doing that, at least I really hope not. Mods and DayZ can co-exist. The modded to the tits servers are proving that right now, they can't. None of those servers offer a dayz experience, they offer a watered down game built within the boundaries of chenarus or a few other in progress maps.