Stories from your encounters.

• Since we've been seeing an influx of new players to the server. (Mostly people who are completely new to the game) I would like to hear your greatest stories. (So far)

Have you been pinned down to a tight spot, have you made new friends and allies, have you been hunted by wolves? I want to hear anything that you have to give me, from the bad to the good. ;):thumbup:

• Hi,

my name is Fabian (ingame Midi) and iam not new to dayz. I played till 0.60 for about 1000 hours. I decided to give Dayz another try with the release of 1.0 and was searching for a good server to create great stories apart from the usual KOS stuff. So far iam having a great time on the server. For me the short days are a little bit annoying. I love traveling by night with my flash light on. But for my feelings. Daytime could be longer ;)

At my first day playing on the server i already had great encounters. Dennis and Michael for example. Friendly dudes that made me sick :D We stick together tfor a while searching for pills to get rid of our sickness. Didnt worked :D

I met an other dude at nightime helping him to craft a backpack. We also found a car and he started fixing it. Stay safe out there and dont forget to put your setbelt on ;)

I also met a german guy (iam german too) at a firestadion. We both had our guns out and we were shouting at each other:" Drop your weapon i dont want to shoot you" " NO!!! DROP YOUR WEAPON!"

Luckily we both were getting attacked by a huge group of zombies so we managed to trust each other for a while and fight the zombies. ( about 20!) Then we realised that we are both german so we traded some stuff and having a small talk before we said goodbye!

Those encounters are not special. Noone has threaten my life. In my first 8 hours i didnt used my gun for once!

But...

Meeting strangers and not knowing how they react is the most exciting thing for me in DayZ.

Iam really happy that i found this awesome server with all the great people.

You are the reason why iam back into Dayz and why, after all the trouble with patches, bugs,etc. in the past, i can finally enjoy DayZ again like i did the 1000 hours playtime before.

Thanks and stay safe!

Midi

p.s. english is not my native language so please ignore mistakes ;)

• hello,

New to the server so far so good.

Had my first encounter with a person from a group at an army base, It was my first encounter on the server since I started gladly i did not get shot at, he approached with his hands up and exchanged conversation and offered me some goods. I was very nervous as I usually stay away from meeting others since they move in packs and I don't want to be robbed or worse killed. He did state he was tempted to rob me but I had my gun out, Have to say i was extremely weary as I kept thinking he had friends that were watching him while we talked. Night was coming so I had to leave kept contemplating though after he said he was going to rob me for fun, if he was truly alone. The suspense was intoxicating, thankfully he was by himself if there were more with him I don't know if things would have went well...

Although it was my first encounter I believe it was a fluke, and that in most cases I would have been robbed or killed if it was the other way around.

Not all is lost I suppose,

but I'm guessing I cant always be the nice guy gonna have to make name for my self one day...

See ya out there

• That's pretty lucky, people aren't usually friendly at millitary bases even though they're friendly outside of them! :thumbup:

• You forgot to mention that i was also sick..We dont like to shoot on sight Also only made you think i was by myself to test your reaction Hehe... there were two snipers sitting in the hill just south of us when you didn't shoot me on sight we knew you were a good guy. After you left and we regrouped one of them told my that you ran past him at about 10m.

I came walking to you with my hands up casuse the way you ran into the base was like you were not alone.

It was a pretty fun encounter.. thanks for making the game fun

• My first encounter!

Yesterday I wrote my introduction to all of you on the village. Last night I had my first encounter which perfectly underlined what I said in my introduction.

I'd say my play style is friendly (also because I suck at close quarters PVP).

The lucky thing for me was that the shooter wasn't a good shot. Besides that I put the scope on the Mosin but forgot to load the rounds in it. And in the hurry of fleeing I forgot that I also had a pistol in the hotbar ready to be used.

See for yourself:

• Started playing DayZ during the release of 1.0, and had a steep but okay learning curve :D

Then found out about the village and at a character on here since then.
    The first day I was just wandering around, then met a Finnish would be villager on the beach who said he knew where the vilage was, and I have been running in the heels of that one for week now.

We arrived at the village at midnight after a paranoid run across the map as he had been sniped near the village before, losing all his kit.
    But we managed to provide security for each other. Anyway, arriving at village gates we shouldered wepons and lit a flare to show that we came
    if not unarmed but at least in peace. Warm welcome at the village, where we stayed the night, and suplied ourselves with food and exchanged some weaponry, while doinating tools and some other stuff. But at dawn it was time to set out to kit ourselves up properly has we had run in straight from the beach
    stopping only to loot the essentials to survive.

The plan was to raid the military bases and so we did. In the end I had a backpack "you could fit a car in that" containing just about everything!
    And even managed to pick up a scopless SVD and a couple of mags. While my Finnish friend who lead the way had a MP-5 for CQB and a Mossin for reach :-D

At on of the Bases we came upon some Zombies attacking a lone wolf.
    We decided to kill the Zombies but as my friend fired upon it we came under fire from a silenced weapon and I was hit in the legs and body, but managed to diveinto a barrack and bandaged myself in time to survive.

We where hiding in the windowless shower room, while listening for sounds of the attacker. After a couple of nervous minutes we someone fighting zombies, then shooting, and a voice: "Hello in there, you can come out I killed the one that attacked you!"

Turned the attacker had been attacked in turn by a mob of zombies, and our new friend had taken out both him and the zombies. So we looted the pace together and went our separate ways.

After a long journey we returned to the village, but it was empty. A couple of more people turned up but the pcae had an abandoned feel to it. So we went out on new adventures.....

• PREAMBLE: I may edit the footage into something digestible as I did record 99% of this story, i might have screwed up a few of the names. This is a single life on the village server over the course of maybe 3 weeks

I started life as a bambi on the outskirts of Berezino. I did my best to gather some starting supplies than ran inland, into the forest, to avoid the gunshots that were getting ever-so-close. I finally crested a hill and saw a small village through the trees. I ran down throwing caution to the wind as I was starting to get dehydrated and it was getting dark. The sun quickly dipped behind the hills and I had no choice but to light my flare. I desperately searched for the well I was sure used to be there. I found no well.

Panic begins to set in as I hear the zombies lurching around in the dark. I have an axe but to use it I'd need to drop the flare. I fight off the few that I attract with my barehands and flare. They were no match for that road flare, but they sure sliced me up something awful. I use the last of my rags, and my shirt, to stop the bleeding. I decide to sleep for the night (server restart). I wake up at dawn, find very little in the rest of the town and head off along the road. I spot a construction site that I remember. I've ruined my axe cutting rags and decide to take a look for a new weapon there. As I get to the main entrance I notice the guard tower, then the gate. It's locked. I move to the back and see that the only entrance left is also blocked. I decide to move on. Night starts to descend, I realize that I don't actually have enough room to carry any sticks or a torch. I convince myself the glowsticks I acquired will do the trick.

They don't. I'm lost in an open field unable to even see my feet. I have everything BUT a stick to craft the torch. After what feels like 10 minutes of bumbling around in the dark holding a kitchen knife, I finally find a bush and craft that ever so important rag. It's not as helpful as I'd have hoped and I still end up aimlessly wandering, I am able to see about 10 feet around me though. I decide to make a fire in the woods and risk it, I need to eat and raw chicken is not going to do it. With a full belly I settle in for the night.

Daybreak. A rooster that is apparently high on meth decides to scream every 3 seconds. I search for it, but am unable to find and kill the demon rooster. I crest the hill and.... damnit that same construction site. I head to the barn between the construction site and small town and JACKPOT! A pristine Axe. I quickly head to a vantage point and scope out the base. I see nothing, I see no one. I cautiously approach. I decide on a rear entry (hehe) instead of destroying their crafted gate and tower, and instead remove a single wall panel at the rear and enter the base. I have nothing but an axe and a knife to protect me. I enter the half constructed building and immediately find a barrel full of stuff. FULL OF STUFF. Then upstairs, a tent or two, also full of stuff.

I eat some food until I'm no longer actively in the process of dying. I take a small gun and ammo+mags for it. I fall asleep (restart or crash not sure) and it's a full day or so before I wakeup. When I do, everything is gone, all of it. Not a single trace of the base or it's occupants. I decide to move on again. Everything is fine until I'm again, running through the dark using a flare. I some how end back at berezino. I manage to get into one of the apartment buildings, into one of the top apartments, and go to sleep for the night.

I wake up in the bathroom and there's two barrels full of guns and ammo in there with me. I go into the main room, a tent full of gear and food and tools. I'm flabbergasted, and I immediately exchange my scorpion for an mp5 with mags and an m4 with mags. I check as many apartments as i can as running around in the dark with a flare on the coast is kinda sketchy, and I find many of them have tents or barrels. I head back to the top apartment of one of them to check my gear and load mags before going to sleep. As I'm loading a mag my flare goes out. That's when I hear the shuffle. I freeze. "Was that me? Was that someone else?" I aim at where I assume the door is. I make sure not to move or even look away. I hear the shuffling again. Someone is outside, maybe on the stairs or in the room below me. a tense 4 minutes of nothing ensues. Then the server restart (saved by the bell) moment happens. Do I log back in? I'm sure I saw a mine in one of the stashes, if it was my base, 100% I'm putting that mine outside the door of the room where I heard that guy loading a mag. I opt to not log in, I only had another 15 minutes anyways.

Several days pass. I come back and.... no tents, no barrels and thankfully no mines. I decide it's time to GTFO and bust a move. I do not want to be near the coast with military gear like an m4. In my searching I found two headlamps. Now the quest is for a battery. I survive another night using flares, fighting zombies with my bare hands, and searching for a battery. The sun finally kills the dark and I make it to the North East Air Field. I lightly loot the police station on my way to the actual airstrip. I get to the hanger, kill a few zombies for food and loot the containers. Really looking for 2 things. A battery and an acog. I keep killing zombies. They keep coming back. As I'm in the process of Axing one inside the hanger I see someone running towards me in military gear. I end the zombie and duct behind the wall, peeking around I see the person is waving. "Why not" I think and pop out, also raining my hand in a friendly wave. We great each other, we do some light trading. His name is "Flow" and today he's a police officer. He has 170 hours in Chenarus and mostly plays on public servers. I tell him I've got about 1000 but still get lost. We team up. I need batteries and a scope, he needs a shotgun. We eventually find enough batteries to power both headlamps so Flow and I are both wearing them as the night takes over. My lucky streak of only ever getting a red lamp continues, the one I randomly gave to flow before we had batteries, is white.

We lightly loot the village above the airfield in the dark. not finding a heck of a lot. We enter separate buildings while looting and hear "hi". We both come back out to the street and player approaches from the dark. He has almost nothing and no light source, he saw our lights and decided to approach. We introduce ourselves, explain that we are indeed friendly and offer to guide this new player along, helping them loot up as we continue our quest for scopes and shotguns. We fight off some zombies, bandage, eat, and as we're about to head out of town Bodeen (the newest member of our group) spots a light off in the distance, in the hills behind the police station. We wanted to loot the police station but had actually walked past it in the dark. As we are discussing what to do next, the server decides it's been dark too long and restarts. We all manage to get back into queue and meet back up, it's still dark but the sunrise isn't too far off. Bow spots the light, and we decide to head to the police station to loot. Two of us have headlamps, the third only has a glowstick. We breach the police station and hear "um hello" from upstairs. We all group up and start talking. The player is in the gunroom, I pop in see the shotgun then back out of the room and shut the door. I explain we're friendly. The player believes I paused when i said that and does not trust us. I, being fully geared, enter the room with only a hatchet and talk to the person. I attempt to calm him down. I explain we three just met here randomly and teamed up, we're friendly for the most part and on a quest. He says he's only got a shotgun but no ammo. I explain that's literally what we came for. We make a deal, 9mm, loaded 30round mp5 mag plus some assorted goodies for a battery, headlamp, acog scop AND the shotgun. We officially completed the original quest.

We set out as a 4 man group. The quest is now to hit the military checkpoint then lead the group to Novy/Stary so our new found member can group up with his friends near Cherno. We hunted and killed some deer and had a BBQ on the way. We separated at Altar, Flow needed to leave, as did I. The other two, who met each other through our friendly group, went off together to Stary and eventually to Cherno. I have no idea what happened to Bodeen and George, but I hope they worked as a team til the end.

My life on the village continues............. (video might be incoming, doesn't have an ending yet so I don't know)