Immersion Ruined

• Yesterday we found two players hiding in a Vybor house. Through locked doors we spoke and interrogated the persons and made good progress towards the common objective of survival for all. During the interrogation one of them told us he was a streamer and that he was informed in twitch chat by someone that knows us that they were both safe and was ok to leave the building. Now, at that moment all immersion was ruined for all parties involved.

As immersion is a principle objective of the Village wouldn’t it be prudent to also limit the communications/ impose rules from ALL possible avenues and not just TS/ Discord?

THE QUEEN'S GUARD
    Armbands: Black
    Frequency: 91.9
    Strength in teamwork. Pride and trust in each other. To war, we go...

• I think all communications should come under the same rule, as I believe the level of immersion offered on this server makes it stand head and shoulders above any other.

However, it only works with people that are willing to obide by the rules. If a streamer has a viewer that is giving callouts, there's not really anything the streamer can do to control it.

As the current rule states that players who use 3rd party comms will be banned, I feel it would be unfair to ban a streamer because a viewer broke the rule. It may be that the viewer wasn't aware he was on the village server and unfamiliar with the rules

• As a streamer you can't stop what goes on in chat at all, you can either choose to ignore it or listen.

How would do you think they can stop a line of communication on twitch? It's just like people using steam messages people do it and you can't stop it.

They do have a rule that if you are playing on the server you can not be in a stream of somebody in the server aswell I uphold this and ask anyone inno is in game to leave, they case you are talking about yesterday the commenter was not in game at the time

• Although this is a shitty situation, we can't control EVERYTHING. Sometimes things are just out of your control, it's a shame it ruined the moment.
    But the more we limit people the more people we would have to potentially even ban from the server.
    Although obviously using a twitch stream to inform someone of an enemy's presence or even that someone is an enemy is a dick move, We simply can't control everything.

And saying people can't stream is hardly an option in my opinion either. So, we're just going to have to live with it. There is just limits to what we can and can't control.

Killing is only one small aspect of survival. And hardly necessary. A person's desire to kill, is not out of thrive to survive. But rather a false sense of pride, a sick form of amusement, a disgusting form of empowerment. They who feel the need to kill and call it "survival" are just refusing to accept their barbaric ways. Self defence is another matter entirely, but how often is that self defence not against those who feel an unnatural need to harm?

• Having been part of said situation yesterday, it was a downer for the immersion to be broken, especially as it was a particularly tense time around Vybor after numerous gunfights in the surrounding area. The situation was playing out nicely prior, with Trojan and Scout communicating through the locked door while me and Lex were on overwatch waiting to shoot if it all went South, not even knowing if the two in the house were bait while others flanked around us. Alas it never got chance to play out it's natural course :(

Although as others have said it's hard to police what goes on in streams and how people use what people say. I'm not talking about anyone who streams on the Village here, but some streams I've watched remind me of when you were a kid and your mate would be telling you what to do and where to go when you were playing a game for the first time and then there are some streamers who state to their chat not to talk about anything happening in game, no backseat drivers as such.

• but some streams I've watched remind me of when you were a kid and your mate would be telling you what to do and where to go when you were playing a game for the first time and then there are some streamers who state to their chat not to talk about anything happening in game, no backseat drivers as such.

i do agree with this I tend to ignore anything related to the village posted in my chat and even spoilers about the new updates etc as it kinda ruins it for me who wants to discover myself and the viewers who don't know about certain things

• As a streamer you can't stop what goes on in chat at all, you can either choose to ignore it or listen.

That's not true at all, you have full control over your chat and can mute people at will, obviously you can't stop the FIRST offense, but the logical action would be to remove them from chat or mute them for the duration of the stream. That's literally what mods are for, but the streamer has control as well. As far as twitch is concerned, whatever happens in YOUR chat you are responsible for, YOU need to control it.

i'd consider any form of outside comms to be "third party" and not allowed. Arguably this could even apply to 2 players playing physically side by side and talking in person using no applications at all.

Those of us that play pure are rare sadly.

• I'm not concerned with what the commenters in the stream were saying... as much as THE STREAMER was USING information in the comments towards something ingame. I would have suggested to the player he read the server rules about meta gaming. Maybe execute him for killing my immersion but that's just me.

• the rules state that meta gaming inst allowed in discord or on the website, not actually the game server that would then make it a rp server im sure.

these are some examples from a post from baroness a while back.

Examples of violations:

• You are in Discord and ask the community if the Village is safe. They say yes, it is safe. You now possess some information gathered outside the game, and can use it to your advantage in game (you now know you can safely enter the Village)
    • You are with your friends in Skype/Teamspeak/Ventrilo/other 3rd party voice app/ and are coordinating an attack on the village. This is not only metagaming but ALSO a bannable offense if caught in the act.
    • You are purposefully giving your own location away in Discord OR giving another player's location away.
    • You give away the location of the Village in Discord.

again i may be wrong but thats my thoughts on it

• Yeah the meta rules are literally about posting meta on the website/discord. Doesn't actually clarify that you shouldn't do it period. Again though, these are only suggestions with no actual way to enforce, only react. Even if you go whitelist, there are always people who will screw the system.

"No locked camps" haha, yeah well they still do that.
    "No 3rd party comms" well, I met 2 dudes in svet that were coordinated without talking in game, how do I prove that though? I can't rely 100% on teamspeak/discord bleeding into voip but that does happen.

Back to meta... the purist in me would say:

i'm streaming and actively engaging chat (haha nope), i use an overlay or something to push the text chat to a second screen or right over my gameplay. some douchenozzle in chat starts spamming meta stuff. I can't unsee it as that's not how human vision works. What do I do?

ME.... I ban or mute the person from chat for a set period and then I get extremely salty, and then have to decide if it's better to meta or battlelog. In that case, probably just log out and start over.

---edit---

a salty F11, that's much better than combat logging.

• ...well, I met 2 dudes in svet that were coordinated without talking in game, how do I prove that though? I can't rely 100% on teamspeak/discord bleeding into voip but that does happen...

I was wondering about that, I saw the ban list some days ago and found that some people was banned because they used TS3/Discord. How they can prove that? or maybe is just when some group is suspicous too often.

• I was wondering about that, I saw the ban list some days ago and found that some people was banned because they used TS3/Discord. How they can prove that? or maybe is just when some group is suspicous too often.

People also talk in game on accident sometimes (while in discord) which if you record it might be something the admins could take a look at. But most of it is probably suspicion and discord bleeding into voip as Phishy said

• If we are going to speak of streams and their chat I also believe we should speak of steam messaging as well. Just saying all of us have done that I mean everyone so if that causes an issue then you would have to ban an entire server. We all know that some things are needed in the game as radios are still buggy and communication is hard at the moment. I don’t see the point in making this a big deal as I know that most of these so called “failed immersion” would not have happened if someone else was also failing in communication as well.

I’m not trying to stir anything as this is just my opinion.