Around 99% of my deaths are KOS. The remaining 1% is because of 'proper' bandits; survivors pretending to be friendly, only to kill you a few minutes later. I don't mind the latter, but can't stand KOS.
I often run around carrying my gun in my hand. I do this because 1) I want to be prepared in case someone starts shooting at me and 2) I hate the weird sound it gives when you carry a gun on your back.
So I've been thinking, one of the reasons I get KOS'ed could potentially be _because_ I'm carrying my weapon? I can imagine someone is more inclined to fire at me when they think I'm a potential threat. On the other hand though, when it's on my back, it could make me an easier target, because taking out my gun takes some time (a little, but still).
What do you guys do?
(I know KOS can't be avoided entirely )