Looking for allies

• Hey Sven,

Out of interest - the m4 in that picture, did you possibly find that lying on the road close to Stary Yar yesterday? I decided to move a bus and forgot I was double carrying, leaving an m4 on the road with those same attachments you have :D

A bus is the double-carrying survivor's best frend. The driver's seat is so spacious, you can steer with the barrel of your rifle; or with the barrel of your barrel.

• Don't waste your time at the village--it's ran by a bunch of lizard men, furthermore, you never know who is inside it or if they're friendly.

One of the Brothers ran from the village the other day because he had a bunch of armed guys chase him. We came back and they asked us why he ran. Explained how he was scared he was going to get shot, then they said they were going to shoot us for having an attitude or something.

The Village Guards are /friendly/ but they're not bounded by any particular written or moral law. They can do whatever they see fit. One could argue that they're not really friendly at all. They're nothing more than the justicars of the village, executing justice in accord to their morals and ideals.

You can see how this can sometimes be a problem.

In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace - Eph. 1-7

• Whereas you pass judgement and command & deliver the lord's word based upon your own understanding of His words and subsequent morals. BUWHAHAHHAHAHA
    If you ever come across a radio and a battery (small black thing with a pointy bit) switch it on and let's arrange to meet. I would like to see your place of worship.

THE QUEEN'S GUARD
    Armbands: Black
    Frequency: 91.9
    Strength in teamwork. Pride and trust in each other. To war, we go...

• While I can neither confirm nor deny your claims as to our heritage, I object to your dubious claims regarding our standards and intentions.

If you actually spent any time at the village, you'd notice that there are a good number of people who know how to behave in a non-aggressive and consistent manner. Every so often, someone has trouble listening or understanding the way things need to work, and they get sent back to the coast for some personal reflection time.

And yes, if you have an attitude, there is a high possibility that you will be shot, restrained, or asked to leave.

But if you come to the village, and hang out for a couple hours without being an arseyfacey, you will almost certainly leave with at least one new friend and ally.

First time I met a group of Brothers, I caught a group of you at a doorway and decided to talk. One of you opened fire and it all went south from there.
    Talk about a pot and kettle, would ya? Funny thing is that I made contact with your group to distract you from the guy running with a barrel in his hands. A life well-spent.:*

• "First time I met a group of Brothers.."

We don't claim to be friendly. Read our description. You wouldn't known it was us if I didn't apologize, and lastly we were in a deprived state.

You also ignored the meat and potatoes of my post.

Where is the law in which Village Guards are bound to? You can say that all the guards are nice and friendly people all you want, but at the end of the day they act in accordance with their emotions. The Village does not guarantee your safety. There is no way of identifying guards--especially after 8:00 PM EST. So whoever answers the gate can easily just slaughter you. If the guards don't like you they can kill you. If you do something they don't like they can kill you. They can stick their guns in your face when you're unarmed, tie you up if they feel like it. Other villagers can kill you, and the guards will act oblivious.

To top it all off they won't give you a proper burial -- the lizards will eat your meat or you'll be cut and packed into a bag and given to those Dagoth worshiping heretics in Berezino.

While the village and it's guards may be of good intention, lawlessness is a given. I'm only cautioning Zven of the dangers of the village.

In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace - Eph. 1-7

• I'm not gonna waste to many words on this. Looks like you visited The Village at a bad time, or simply didn't listen to the Guards.

And yes, we don't have Guards online 24/7. So there always is a risk of bandits being inside.

If you're visiting The Village: Call out when you are coming up to the walls, don't have a gun out and all should be fine

“Only by binding together as a single force will we remain strong and unconquerable.”

• While the village and it's guards may be of good intention, lawlessness is a given. I'm only cautioning Zven of the dangers of the village.

Then maybe you should be more honest about your experience in the village. Bad behavior gets bad results.
    The story I heard, was that one of yours refused to put your gun away before coming into the Village, and was turned away; so you snuck in through the back and got Rekt.
    I can ask around for the video if you disagree.

Remember, hostile players and liars are not welcome at the village. So be careful about the actions of YOUR group, or it could have a negative effect on your welcomeness.
    Right now, our policy on Brothers is caution and extra eyes. Next hiccup just might take the response up a notch.

See ya around, sweet cheecks. :*

• That was a different occasion, and we didn't have our guns out. If there is a video, we were told we were going to be shot for having an attitude. So we told the guards we were just going to leave.

Two Brothers forced their way in like twenty minutes later. They are now with our heavenly father.

Oh, and you must have forgotten we've been on this server since October. We've been in and around the village plenty of times, and we've had our fair share of rotten experiences that pre-date the Cherno and Novy Sobor camp villages.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Brother_Ethan ().

• Welcome to Berezino "Brothers" ;)

"Sic enim Deus dilexit mundum, ut Filium suum unigenitum daret: ut omnis qui credit in eum, non pereat, sed habeat vitam æternam."

We're going to have to make a visit to your "church" Reverend. Your little antics make the reformists look like saints.

• That was a different occasion, and we didn't have our guns out. If there is a video, we were told we were going to be shot for having an attitude. So we told the guards we were just going to leave.

Two Brothers forced their way in like twenty minutes later. They are now with our heavenly father.

Oh, and you must have forgotten we've been on this server since October. We've been in and around the village plenty of times, and we've had our fair share of rotten experiences that pre-date the Cherno and Novy Sobor camp villages.

Well that's kinda the point of this, yes? Trading, and looking for allies; in the long term, your group reflects as a whole as much as ours.

I can tell you with great confidence, that anyone who behaves reasonably will meet Village Guards in a friendly manner almost anywhere in Chernarus.
    I cannot say the same of the Brothers.

If you were even 60% friendly, we'd know you as such.

I can tell you with great confidence, that anyone who behaves reasonably will meet Village Guards in a friendly manner almost anywhere in Chernarus.

I can vouch for that. I've met several of the guards and never had any trouble with them, although sadly the Village itself is not always a safe haven due to external and internal attacks, but such is life in Chernarus.

I've met a couple of guys from the Settlement in passing but not been to their trading base yet but they seemed good guys.

Haven't met anyone from the other factions as far as I know, but I plan a visit to the Church of Dagoth on my latest journey.

• In my experience the village is one, if not "the" busiest place for bandits to ply their trade. The Settlement ship at Rify was another one , as was the Green Dragon.

Bandits are cunning , clever and some of the lies I have heard...oh man, they are good and the ease of how they tell them...wow. just wow.

There is one problem that does give guards a REALLY bad rap and thats when the bandits will wipe the few guards or survivors and then wear the armbands and

act as guards killing at their pleasure...In fact if you watched Rene's stream the other night when he got to the village he was greeted by two guys in dyed green armbands

that are not on the list and I have NEVER seen them before...one even asked Rene if he would like himself to show him around, he didnt even know who Rene was!

They vanished when Rene threw a rock concert, more than likely because there were a slew of friendlies digging the performance. BUT , no doubt they logged there

and will reappear to "work their magic" when then opposition isnt so heavy. Theres nothing we can do about imposters and it happens ALOT. I dont ask too many

questions when I see an imposter...

Now all guards cant be saints such as yourself "brother" and we do from time to time make mistakes. But we dont have a "secret base" or anywhere to run when the shit hits the fan.

We have to stand and deliver so to speak.

All guards must have broad shoulders as even when they do have to hand out "coast tickets" its not uncommon for players to lie about the circumstances in which they were killed and head straight to the discord or forums to plead their case (secretly laughing at all the "griefing" they cause). This in turn can make the game "unfun" for a guards life at times because we are trying to do the right thing and doing the right thing is why people joined the guards in the first place. So when it goes south it can get to the point sometimes when it seems that it is Guards vs the rest of Chenaurus...and sometimes it is.

So if you think you can do a better job and dont mind trying to play a good guy with a target on your head. Then stop on by and sign up. Everyone gets a chance.

• If you were even 60% friendly, we'd know you as such.

You wouldn't know would you--considering you hang out with a coalition that is out to kill us. ?☕

We interact with dozens of people, and we rarely kill.