Village etiquette

• Hello community and fellow villagers.

This may have previously been asked or discussed but I'm just wondering what the etiquette is regarding taking/storing gear in the village. I've been lucky enough to have found the Village (albeit empty) several times including it's current location (my lips are sealed) and I've taken/replaced/upgraded bits of my gear but as a matter of courtesy I've dropped of a few items I've found and don't want recently (semi kitted MP5-K, hunters backpack and spare ammo).

Is this OK or do I have to submit paperwork, get references and take a credit check? 8o

Also is there any other etiquette I should observe to keep the spirit of the Village alive?

Stay safe out there guys and gals!

• Hey Stan,

I think you were the gent I met ages ago in Vybor. Basic etiquette would be take what you need and drop off what you don't. I mean obviously don't walk in there with a child briefcase and a sporter, and leave with an M4 and alice backpack sort of thing.

Also please keep your gun on your back unless we are under attack (very frequent) and a guard says otherwise. Feel free to grow some veg / collect water etc if you are hanging around to stock the tents up :)

Hope to see you there soon!

• The village at is core is communal. If you really wanted to take that m4 and leave the sporter you could get away with it. Very rude though

In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace - Eph. 1-7

• Well Ethan, that happens on a daily basis, every evening (for me anyways) when the server is low pop, guys come in and clear out anything of value. Often re arranging things to make it less secure etc at the same time.

What I was implying was, those are the sort of things to do to have a good rep with us (or me anyway). Nice to see you last night though Stan. Its a shame I crashed that offroad three times in one day! Atleast we made it back home in the end.

You missed out on the Tisy adventure, almost ended up getting into a big gun fight with the settlement guys. Luckily Mike Tython spoke up before we ended up with bodies everywhere!

• Hey Stan,

First off, thanks for treating the Village as your home, a place for all and not a local convenience store of free loot.

You nailed, it...take a little, leave a little. My other suggestion is that if you don't have anything material to give, do a water run or help grow some food as we could always use another helping hand around the Village. Last but not least, another option is to try "pay it forward" to another survivor when the opportunity presents itself, offer help, supplies or guidance to strengthen good will in Cherno.

Keep on surviving.

• It was a bad bend you crashed on Daniel, or was it a straight? =OGutted I missed out on that, don't know what happened but lost sight and sound of you all once we left the Village and ended up running around like a headless chicken for 10 minutes, but was good to meet you all and hopefully again soon.

• Never ever leave something in a tent for more than 6 hours at most, If you dont have someone looking after it people will take it and not say anything, its what happens all the time.

That is some groundbreaking wisdom you got there. What do you suppose we do about trying to maintain a public base to which all friendly players are welcome to come?

Shall we toss out all of the contents at the end of each night? Whose time zone shall we determine to be the official night? What time may we begin to maintain stocks again each day?

• That is some groundbreaking wisdom you got there. What do you suppose we do about trying to maintain a public base to which all friendly players are welcome to come?

Shall we toss out all of the contents at the end of each night? Whose time zone shall we determine to be the official night? What time may we begin to maintain stocks again each day?

Did I do something to you at some point?

• My deepest and sincere apologies to Guard Daniel for my action earlier in the Village :( It the was adrenaline and excitement of my first real gunfight. There was some choice language when I realised who I'd shot ;( and I was gunned down seconds after. I will accept whatever punishment is bestowed upon myself when I return to the Village.

• My deepest and sincere apologies to Guard Daniel for my action earlier in the Village :( It the was adrenaline and excitement of my first real gunfight. There was some choice language when I realised who I'd shot ;( and I was gunned down seconds after. I will accept whatever punishment is bestowed upon myself when I return to the Village.

Don't worry too much, if you made an honest mistake and apologize to the person you killed explaining what happened people mostly understand, sadly guards are very used to die in general and even more by villager betraying us (wether it was a mistake or not).

Just apologize in game to the person you killed if you can and it should be all good. SmokeyHaze actually became a village guard after getting executed for something he didn't do, that's how nice village guards can be lol. We just act fast so it doesn't escalate and value our life less than the Village spirit that lives in all our hearts !

• In my experience the Village etiquette is as follows:

1) Upon arrival have your weapon on your back and use your mic outside stating your name and that you would like to enter the village.

2) Once inside the village, everyone will immediately run up and get your name for insurance reasons, it is normal to be surrounded by five guys clicking on you,

3) Take what you need and leave what you don't.

4) As said above don't swap your sporter for a SVD.

5) If you have your eye on that Blaze and a .308 box, asking never hurts. Chances are people are always willing to share and help

6) After 10 minutes don't get bored and start shooting people in the back.

7) Don't rush inside with a chainsaw.

• Hey Stan, no worries at all dude. I had a fat laugh when i watched the recording afterwards. You shot me and i was still alive for about 3 seconds, i could see it was a mistake - you were still shouting SORRY SHIT!

All in good fun man, I am not a salty person. Plus, the guilty party gave me my m4 back :)

After thinking about my actions with the Russian guy, it appears I got it wrong. So i also feel terrible about what happen at the village today.

Hope you make it back safely in the near future - was nice having you around :)

• No, but your comment on the village etiquette discussion basically reads "don't have a village."

My apologies if my snark was not taken with a grain of salt.

God, what is it with people and arguements? right, if the village to you is leaving all your most valuable gear for others to take then thats your village, but to me I'd rather not leave an M4 in a tent for someone else to take.