Survivor's Journal

• I've decided to start off a journal. There would be some pictures but text mostly. It will be based on the adventures on our server. Some might be colorized for the flavor but there would be true stories...

The purpose of it is that there are so many unbelievable things happening and I don't want them to be lost forever after I surely succumb to Zombies, bandits, cholera or just hypothermia.

So here goes nothing:

• Day 46

I met some friendly people today in Solnichniy. Cute, Odhin's girl was talking to the guy I never met before. She told me they had some troubles and she's trying to get back to him back North. She wouldn't say more but worry about their safety. Such a lovely couple. Love is so rare nowadays.

As for the man his name was Fin. He sound rather young. I couldn't tell because he was hiding his face behind medieval helmet replica. Pity, because he drank something poisonous by accident and was dying. I could tell, I've seen this so many times. He was begging Cute to give him saline, he was so weak he dropped it on the ground, little he knew the bag was useless without IV kit. She couldn't help him and left. I wonder if she knew...

I've followed him for a while, we checked the hospital but it was long looted. No IV bags left. Maybe it was for the best. I decided to bring him bad news. I wonder how many death sentences those walls witnessed when the hospital was still operational. Before... the plague which wiped everything out. He took it surprisingly well. Calm even. He thank me and left. I think he went to kill himself. I'm not sure how to feel about this.

I went for the barrel I've hid there before and moved home.

• Day 49

I was out of luck in Berezino again. Robbed of all my possessions I was starting over on the coast. Cold and hungry, still wearing t-shirts the robbers left me with. One might think there would be plenty of shirts and jackets after everybody kicks off, but there are not!

After few hours of searching and going from house to house I've only found junk and few rounds for the Mosin and shotgun. It was already getting dark. Then I've heard it. Just next to railroad tracks I've heard an engine. Could it be a working truck? I've calmed my nerves and despite obvious danger I've decided to investigate. Curiosity won. I've peeked from behind of a fence and there it was: a blue bus with working engine, lights off and rear wheels stuck in a muddy bank of little pond. The driver was trying to get it out. We were losing daylight quick but I've noticed there was nobody inside. Just the driver pushing the pedal to the metal.

I popped in front of the bus waving my arms and noticed it was a female. She hasn't stopped. Probably was afraid of me. To show token of my good will I went knee deep in the mud and water behind the bus to push it. It was missing the engine cover part and I had to place my arms carefully not to lose fingers and the noise was so loud. I've pushed but my feet only dug deeper in the mud as she was killing the engine. It was hopeless. The bus even got a little deeper into the pond. I went in front again to signal her to stop. She got out without stopping the engine so it was hard to talk. I've only heard name something like Isah, probably Jewish. She also had very deep voice for a woman.

I told her I will try and climbed onto diver's bus. I think she understood because she went behind the bus to push. I was turning the wheel and made engine both low and high torque but it wouldn't move. Then I got brilliant idea! If we can't get it moving up maybe I can back it up. The pond was only knee deep and not much longer than the bus itself. It could work. Took me some time to figure out how to change gears in the old banger, after all I've never drove a bus before. And then it finally moved! It was going back faster and faster and I've almost get it on the opposite shore after driving the whole pond but rear wheels stuck on the opposite bank too. Then I saw her and froze. I've turned the keys in the ignition and couldn't believe my eyes. She was lying in the shallow water in front of the bus mangled. She got under the wheels when I was backing up. She was not moving. How could I be so stupid and not warn her I'm going to back it up? After few good minutes I went outside. She look so peaceful under the water which just began to clear off. Her legs were a mess. I felt so guilty. And stupid. How could I be so stupid?

Then I remember nothing of this matter anymore. Nobody is safe, everybody will die eventually. I've hopped into a bus and this time managed to move it forward on fist gear. It was dark already so I even turned the lights on. It drove surprisingly well. I took long turn North on the coastal highway. For a minute I even felt good driving it. Then I've saw a campsite in the middle of the road. Four tents, fireplace and people getting of the way. I've stepped on the brakes as hard as I could but it hardly slow down. It was enough to maneuver around the tents missing streetlight by centimeters. Hurray, I'm master of the wheel... no wait those people will probably try to take my vehicle, I had to slow down a lot.

As I was stepping on the pedal again I've looked through a shoulder to see a man coming on the road and raising a rifle pointed at me. That was the last thing I've saw. Apparently it was my stop. Shortest ride ever.