Thoughts on a mod to allow only the builder to destroy or dismantle structures.

• I am a new player, still exploring DayZ. Not sure how valid my current view is on this subject.

Sofar i have been playing friendly, scavenging and build a little base. I was 5min away from my base, picking up a generator to come back to my base with broken fences. Turned out it was broken in to. When i compare the difference in time it takes to scavenge and build vs breaking in, it instantly removed my will to explore this aspect of DayZ any further.

So what is left to do? My inventory is full, i have all the guns and ammo i need, enough water and food to keep me alive to run up and down the map a couple of times without stopping anywhere. Just go KOS till someone finally gets me?

If the effort difference between scavenge materials and building bases was on the same level as breaking into a base, i for sure would stay on the friendly/build up style of play. Right now i am really tempted to go the other direction.

• Yeah well there is already a rule against grieving, don't be dick. The problem is that it is really difficult to get evadence that somebody is grieving or who. Yeah I have no problem with getting raided, but as almost every morning for a week you see that your whole base is almost gonna and lots of shit outside containers that is where the problem lays

• Without mods meaning with server rules? Because that's a problem too, I wouldn't like to see this server and webpage transformed into a complains forum like, other servers where people is all the time uploading tickets like "somebody killed me in that safe area", "somebody steal my car when I wasn't there". That feels really bad.

but if you just make it somehow in the way that you have to be present (just somehow, I'm not talking about how to do it, only consecuences), that means I will be able to build a base, fill it with loot and don't come back in four months that everything will still be there. When we know loot is limited on the server.

I don't mean only server rules, that wouldn't change anything tbh. We have a rule against griefing and it is still very common in the server, it is very hard to near impossible to catch a griefer without logs.

In the example I gave (the server with disabled base destruction), I can enter the server without any mod enabled and still I'm not able to destroy a lock or a fence (don't ask me how this is achieved).

Base destruction is enabled during certain announced hours during weekends. If you are not online during that period, bad luck; you were given a chance. It's not like you could be out an entire month and your base would be ok. Bases would be raided, therefore loot economy is not affected more than it is right now.

When i compare the difference in time it takes to scavenge and build vs breaking in, it instantly removed my will to explore this aspect of DayZ any further.

If the effort difference between scavenge materials and building bases was on the same level as breaking into a base, i for sure would stay on the friendly/build up style of play. Right now i am really tempted to go the other direction.

This is my point about developing a rule to bring balance into this subject, since it's not a finished aspect of the game from the devs side (IMO).

A scheduled time for base destruction gives the chance for both of the parties to be online during a raid.

It's not like raiding would be forbidden outisde of this scheduled time, is just base destruction (from the outside) that is disabled.

I believe this would encourage more players to experience this part of the game, knowing they will have a chance to defend it and it's not just going to despawn when they go to bed.

• It's not like raiding would be forbidden outisde of this scheduled time, is just base destruction (from the outside) that is disabled.

I believe this would encourage more players to experience this part of the game, knowing they will have a chance to defend it and it's not just going to despawn when they go to bed.

Well, then if you serious we can speak about gameplay balance here.

I started a bit late playing 1.0, which is shouldn't be a big issue. But, since 1.0 I haven't fired an assault rifle (my favorite gun of the game is AKM btw), no only that, I haven't even hold one assault rifle. Read this post, just got one SVD once from I guy I killed, rest just Mosin and SKS. The reason is basically that people stashed, let's say, 90% of guns in the bases, that you want to tranform into unbreakable places fives days per week. Is not only early morning raiders, we have also early morning stashers that don't allow me to use an AKM even once.

I'm not complaining, I don't mind the situation, it is like that. But if we talking about balancing, I think this is also a bad item and with your balance solution you will unbalance even more the military loot available, forcing people to do KOS as crazy as soon as they see someone with nice stuff.

• Well, then if you serious we can speak about gameplay balance here.

I started a bit late playing 1.0, which is shouldn't be a big issue. But, since 1.0 I haven't fired an assault rifle (my favorite gun of the game is AKM btw), no only that, I haven't even hold one assault rifle. Read this post, just got one SVD once from I guy I killed, rest just Mosin and SKS. The reason is basically that people stashed, let's say, 90% of guns in the bases, that you want to tranform into unbreakable places fives days per week. Is not only early morning raiders, we have also early morning stashers that don't allow me to use an AKM even once.

I'm not complaining, I don't mind the situation, it is like that. But if we talking about balancing, I think this is also a bad item and with your balance solution you will unbalance even more the military loot available, forcing people to do KOS as crazy as soon as they see someone with nice stuff.

I get what you mean and I think that's either a general problem or part of the game depending how you see it.

When I say "Bases would be raided, therefore loot economy is not affected more than it is right now" I refeer to the fact that today good loot is sashed underground and not inside bases. With the idea I mentioned, good things (like an AKM) would still be stashed underground, people would not bother (just like today) about stashing good military loot in a place that can be raided like their bases.

• I get what you mean and I think that's either a general problem or part of the game depending how you see it.

When I say "Bases would be raided, therefore loot economy is not affected more than it is right now" I refeer to the fact that today good loot is sashed underground and not inside bases. With the idea I mentioned, good things (like an AKM) would still be stashed underground, people would not bother (just like today) about stashing good military loot in a place that can be raided like their bases.

This is a very valid point. Making bases that can't be raped is not about making a place that can be used to hoard gear. It's about having somewhere to call home. I would not mind having gear stolen. Having base walls destroyed constantly is the issue.

Just Jack CSF

• With the idea I mentioned, good things (like an AKM) would still be stashed underground

That's true, but the idea of make bases non raideable won't help to unbalance the loot problem. Is really hard to really get a good balance without bother anyone after all.

Anyway, thank you guys, I can't believe we are really having a nice discussion without people loosing nerves, Love this community.

• That's true, but the idea of make bases non raideable won't help to unbalance the loot problem. Is really hard to really get a good balance without bother anyone after all.

Anyway, thank you guys, I can't believe we are really having a nice discussion without people loosing nerves, Love this community.

Making walls indestructible does not make it impregnable. Leave gates vulnerable to having locks cut. Have bases despawn if not interacted with for 20 days and all the materials returned to the loot economy. I don't know what the solution is but hopefully the Devs can come up with something. .

• Hope my train of thought makes sense.

Stashes despawn after 45days of no interaction. > Devs have a system which tracks the stash owner or last user, not sure which. > This system can also be used for all items then. > Let players stash 1 pistol and 1 other gun for 45days of no interaction. More guns stashed by the owner/last user then despawn after 24 hours. > Excluding inventory items. > Should work no? Atleast till more guns are in the game.

Not sure if this would be an solution.

• My suggestion is to avoid mods, Encourage players that destroy bases to not despawn the planks or logs. I don't think there is a base building crisis because there are many bases all over the server currently getting bigger and bigger. We just need to avoid resetting everything and keep the persistence because theres alot of work gone into it